Topic: GRN not functioning

Hello all,

Can anyone think of any reason why GRN'ing items received on an order wouldn't work?

I go into the order to receive items and select the items to book in, but when I click "Process Receive Items" it doesn't do anything.

I have been able to GRN items on other purchase orders no problem but this particular order is a problem. I can only think I have done something wrong on the order when raising it? Or maybe it's something to do with the supplier?

Any ideas are welcome.

Best Regards

Tom

Re: GRN not functioning

There are some reasons causing it,
  * po May be completed with grn and missed update the received quantity,
   * p.o. might be in another fiscal year and delivery in another fiscal year
   *  fiscal year might closed
   *  may be the edit permissions closed to operate by the person who created po.

* may be issue with program or in database data might be corrupted.

Enable debugging mode and find the bugs if anything related to this issue.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

kvvaradha wrote:

There are some reasons causing it,
  * po May be completed with grn and missed update the received quantity,
   * p.o. might be in another fiscal year and delivery in another fiscal year
   *  fiscal year might closed
   *  may be the edit permissions closed to operate by the person who created po.

* may be issue with program or in database data might be corrupted.

Enable debugging mode and find the bugs if anything related to this issue.

Thanks for this.

Ran the debugging mode and managed to fix the issue. All it was, was that the description field for some of the items was apparently too long for the database field.

I would suggest that maybe in the "Items and Inventory" section, when adding an item, the "Description" textbox should have a limited number of characters applied.

Thanks again for your help!

This is strange. The text box for the Item Description has a max length of 50 characters and this is exactly the size of the field in the DB. Entering more than 50 characters in this field is not possible.
Could this be from an import module that doesn't check for max length?

/Joe

For myself, I didn't import, I copied and pasted values into the description field.

Hello again, @tom.horton.
This is amazing. I tried to paste 60 characters into the description field. Only 50 characters were accepted. I am using Windows 10, Chrome browser, php 7.4.9, FA 2.4.9 and having no problems.
Would you tell us your environment, tom. Would be interesting to know.

/Joe

@tom.horton
I agree with @joe..its strange as with 2.4.9 its 50 char. Prior to 2.4.8 it was 255 char.
Take a look at:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=8700

Hi @joe

I have pretty much the same spec as you... Windows 10, Google Chrome, PHP 7.0 (but I then upgraded to 7.4 with no effect), FA 2.4.9.

I have tried this on my live system and a "development" or "test" system I use as well, and both allow me to put in a 54 character string.

Nothing like a challenge smile

@joe

I think I have found the problem... In the file sql/en_US-new.sql I found the following on line 1366:

`description` varchar(200) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

As FA 2.4.9 was a new install for me (from scratch), I believe the installer used the above as the basis to work from.

Hope this helps.