Topic: Frontaccounting and oscommerce marriage

Hi, im new to frontaccounting, I think in should help me to manage my bussines based on Oscommerce.

I overviewed a little the software, because my greatest interest is to integrate it with an already working oscommerce, so my firts attempts are focused on import-export data from-to this scripts.

I found the Tom´s oscommerce module "osCommerce Customer and Order Import 2.2" but as I am a newbie to frontaccounting im unable to make it work.

I followed directions from readme.txt, but in the sales tag, Maintenance section, there is only a greyed "osCommerce Import" text, whats happening, what do i do wrong?

Thaaank you.

Re: Frontaccounting and oscommerce marriage

Go to Setup->Access Setup and select the role you are (Admin?) and enable the checkbox for osCommerce Customer / Order Import

tom

3 (edited by tclim 08/07/2011 03:50:16 am)

Hi All,

As I understand that Tom is the person in charge with OsCommerce Import/Export module and it should work great if you always Import/Export data from and to between the 2 system. The idea is great for those who are running the small business using OsCommerce.

We are currently provide more convenience solutions to resolve the issue of OsCommerce FrontAccounting Integration by automate the process with automatically sync data from Oscommerce into FrontAccounting.

This solutions will reduce the duplicate data entry while increasing your productivity. You should focus on your "Sales". The system will automatically sync your Customers, Contacts, Categories, Products, Inventory Status, Sales Order and Sales Invoice into frontaccounting.

a) OsCommerce FrontAccounting Integration
This "plugin" is running a single  batch process only. The data synchronization features covers Customers, Contacts, Categories, Products, Stock Status, Sales Order and Sales Invoices. The Sales Order enter in OsCommerce will be automatically sync into frontaccounting while Sales Invoices are 2-ways sync.

For Inventory Status like Stock Price and Stock Quantity will be automatically sync from FrontAccounting into OsCommerce. No more Import/Export need to be done...The only requirements is you need to enter your Purchase Order or Stock Adjustment in FrontAccounting. The items you received with the selling price and quantity will be automatically sync to OsCommerce.

The solutions will solve the issue below:

1) No more Import/Export need to be done. It's automatically synced.
2) No more copy & paste your customer, contact, categories, products, orders & etc from oscommerce to frontaccounting.
3) No duplicate data entry. The data sync suites will automatically map the data and perform insert/update data into frontaccounting.

This plugin have divided into 2 section:

1-ways synchronization from OsCommerce to FrontAccounting for the action below:
a) Customers.
b) Contacts
c) Categories
d) Products

1-ways synchronization from FrontAccounting to OsCommerce for the action below:
a) Stock Status (price, quantity)

2-ways synchronization from both FrontAccounting and OsCommerce for the action below:
a) Sales Order
b) Sales Invoice

FREE OF CHARGE
FrontAccounting Mobile Edition, you are now able to view the status for Customers, Contacts, Suppliers, Products, Stock Status, Sales Order and Sales Invoices. It provide a conveniences for you to check your status using your Smartphone (Iphone / Android / BlackBerry/ Windows Mobile 7 etc).

Compatible version:

OsCommerce - 2.3.1 only

FrontAccounting - 2.3.5  / 2.3.6 only

If you are interested with this solutions, you may visit us at http://www.anterp.com/shop/oscommerce-f … ntegration

DEMO: OsCommerce Site:

Front-End:
http://www.anterp.com/osc/
Username: faccounting@anterp.com
Password: password1

Back-End:
http://www.anterp.com/osc/admin/login.php

Username: demo1

DEMO: FrontAccounting Site:
http://www.anterp.com/acctosc/

DEMO: How to Access Your Mobile Edition:
http://www.anterp.com/acctosc/mobile/index.html

How can I install and test your solution?

It sounds quite comprehensive.

What is the oscommerce contribution called?
Have you submitted the FA module to Joe or Janusz?

If not I encourage you to do so, since both projects are GPL

Tom

The framework is available on the download 2.3 page.

/Joe

I see pieces that could be the foundation, and I am very interested to find out how to test it out!

Tom

7 (edited by tclim 08/09/2011 10:30:44 am)

Hi Tom,

Thanks you for your interested with the solutions. Let me introduce how it works. Basically, the concept is you  used  FrontAccounting to manage all your inventory, purchasing, sales, invoices etc.

E-Commerce Solutions like osCommerce, Zencart, Opencart and others will capture new customers (Convert the visitors into Customers via Sales Order). The store owner are responsibility to create a new Category & Products via their own store. Once the customer make an orders. The E-commerce keep all the customers, contacts, sales order and invoices in the databases. Since we have all the information like customers, contacts, category, products, sales order and invoices in E-commerce database. We can sync those information into FrontAccounting easily.

You have few options to make it work. No matter how, you need to program it.
   1) Sync via database level. You may create trigger for those related tables. The trigger (similar to the hook) will execute some program and performing insert/update data into FrontAccounting. I do not implement this way.

2) Sync via WebServices. This is the current implementation that we have choose to implement it in our solutions. By choosing this solution, you can install the software in different location or different server. FrontAccounting in USA and osCommerce in UK. It doesn't matter. But we recommend that we put under the same server for better security and performance.

Firstly, before we perform any synchronization, we should run a migration process which migrating all the related records in osCommerce into FrontAccounting. For example, Categories, Products, Customers.

Second, login to the FrontAccounting.
  a) You may set the purchase price, selling price, quantity (Purchase from Suppliers), reorder-level and etc. The products selling price, quantity will be sync back to E-Commerce.

b) When you received an Orders, you need to "Approved" the Sales Order (Under Sales -> Delivery Against Sales Orders) and then generate the Sales Invoices. The Sales Invoice will automatically sync back to E-Commerce. Remember to enter some description in the Memo fields. The Sales invoices description will be sync back to E-Commerce and visible to the customer.

If you wish to test drive both application, I recommend that you login to our DEMO site:

Cronjob have been set for 1 minute for synchronization process. Please be patient while waiting for the process to be completed.

DEMO: OsCommerce Site:
Front-End:
http://www.anterp.com/osc/
Username: faccounting@anterp.com

Back-End:
http://www.anterp.com/osc/admin/login.php

DEMO: FrontAccounting Site:
http://www.anterp.com/acctosc/

Thanks you for interest with our solutions.

Cheers,

tclim

I have no doubt that the solution works, what modules do I need to install in order to test it on my test system and my databases?

I see some generic modules (FrontAccounting SOAP Web Service API and FrontAccounting LDAP Conector API)  at the FA 2.3 download site,
but nothing that is targeted to osCommerce.

Maybe the remaining part is that cron job you mention that is unreleased and likely non-GPL?

Tom

Hi Tom,

The data sync suites are available for downloads only applicable for PAID services via

OsCommerce FrontAccounting Integration.

I don't think you need it as you can build it yourself. If you have time, please spend some time referring to FrontAccounting SOAP Web Service API. This module will create Customers and Contacts into FrontAccounting. You can "duplicate" it for the rest of the modules.

I hope you enjoy it.

For those who wish to use our Data Sync Suites. You may buy it from our Shop at  http://www.anterp.com/shop

Cheers,

tclim