Topic: Fresh install questions - name and second companies accoutning

Hello,

I am wondering how to do two things:

1) The name on my company is "Training Co.".  How can I change this to what I want?

2a) Is it possible to have two companies accounting on the same FA install?  There is a drop down menu to choose a company, so I woudl guess that it is possible.

2b) If so, how is this done?  Is there a FAQ or explination somewhere on how to do it?

Thanks

Joe

Re: Fresh install questions - name and second companies accoutning

Hello

I found out how to change the name of the cmpany in the drop down menu on the log in page.

Now, the next step, is how to create a second company with the same install.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

I was able to find the page abou tthe information on the comapny, but even after I changed it, the old name still appears on the drop down menu on the lof in page.

Next:

I found the page to create a new company.  YEAH!! smile

But, it asks for the following info:

Company   
Host   
Database User   
Database Password   
Database Name   
Table Pref      (none or 1)
Default    (no or yes)
Database Script   
New script Admin Password

What is written in each one?

Company: I can add my own company name I guess
Host: ???
Database user: I am assuming the database user name for MySQL
Database password: password for above named user
Database name: Name for new comapnies password
Table Pref: do not know
Default: I am thinking that on the log in page, this woudl be the default company
Database script: do not know
New Script admin password: I am guessing that it has to do with the database cript

Can someone explain this to me?  I will call my sysadmin, but I want to do as much as I can, or at least understand it.

Thanks

Joe

I was looking over the training Co. 

It turns out that this is mainly for practice.

I need to install a new company.  So, any help with the above mentioned questions would be much appreciated:)

Thanks

Joe

You have recognized the input meaning right. Host is MySQL server name or IP, use localhost if it is located on the same box where apache is run. If you want to share the same database for both companies you have to use prefixes for tables (for both companies). Database script is used to fill the database on start - use en_US-new.sql from FA distribution, or download another one from our site and use it. New admin password is used later to login to the new company to admin account.
Janusz

Thansk fo rth erun down.  This really helped in gettign my new company set up.  It worked::)

But, you mention the following file:

en_US-new.sql

I was able to get this from my sysadmin to make the install.  But, where are the others that I might be able to use?  YOu mention they ar eon the FA site.  Can you tell me where?

Thanks

JOe

Look into our download section - you have a couple of chart of accounts ready to use. You can update your database with those files before you start if you wish.

Janusz