Re: Payroll & Human Resource Management.

Thank you @apmuthu for the response.
I have the updated code.
Actually i figured out where the outrageous amounts came from (exchange rate), which i have corrected.
I may be able to handle the tax and pension deductions if i know how the code flows. That is, which portion of the code handles the calculations and the final payable output.
Thank you

Hello @mfonnix

FrontHrm already has functions to add extra earning and deduction elements in Salary Structure page.
However if you want to investigate how the calculations work then most of them can be found in payslip_ui.inc and payslip_db.inc

Phuong

Thank you @notrinos.
I have seen the deductions. I still have the following observations:
1. The basic salary cannot be edited from the salary structure page, as such no deduction can be applied on the basic salary.
2. the deduction is an actual amount, whereas I am looking at a percentage based deductions as people in the organization that am testing are all using personal salary structures, and not uniform.
3. the deduction does not affect people with personal salary structures, except those whose salaries are defined by the system (general salary structure)
4. when i input attendance, the system adds leave days to the employee, when i have not even defined any leave type in the system, let alone apply it to the employee.
please kindly look into these issues.
thank you

Just installed HRM and when trying to add a new leave type I get the following error:

"Salary rate must be a number."

even if the rate is a number.

Any idea what to modify in which file?

Just installed HRM and when trying to add a new leave type I get the following error:

"Salary rate must be a number."

even if the rate is a number.

Any idea what to modify in which file?

Hi @haakon0603

Exactly the issue is from leave_types.php
The issue has been solved and can be seen here

Thank you for detecting the problem

Phuong

207 (edited by haakon0603 01/09/2022 08:46:54 am)

Thank you, now it works.
I had tried to search the topics with this string: "Salary rate must be a number."
But found nothing.

Have you made any kind of user manual for the module?
I am not quite shure about what the following is meant to do:

What are pay elements and grades?
And how are they connected to allocations and salary structures?
What is the Deductible Account?
What is the purpose of Documents?

208 (edited by MacKenzie 01/08/2023 03:48:21 pm)

The HRM module is a much needed extension that will help elevate FA.  Thanks for everyone's hard work on this much needed module.

From reading the forum, it has had numerous corrections/changes/modifications and it looks like they are spread out over several modules/programs/lines of code.  Have any of the change been consolidated in "one place" so we can just install it and have it work?  Thank you in advance.

MacKenzie wrote:

The HRM module is a much needed extension that will help elevate FA.  Thanks for everyone's hard work on this much needed module.

From reading the forum, it has had numerous corrections/changes/modifications and it looks like they are spread out over several modules/programs/lines of code.  Have any of the change been consolidated in "one place" so we can just install it and have it work?  Thank you in advance.

sorry, I dunno

since I installed 2.4.14 the extensions, COAs, and themes seem to be broken, can't tell if the repo is down or there is a bug?

210 (edited by notrinos 01/09/2023 05:32:59 pm)

Hello

@MacKenzie
The latest update of FrontHrm can be downloaded here: https://github.com/notrinos/FrontHrm/ar … ads/FA.zip
You may should read installation instruction in post #1 of this thread to get the module working.

@PatJr
S solution for repo issue can be found in post 30 of this thread:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewt … 95&p=2

Phuong

211 (edited by MacKenzie 01/09/2023 07:45:09 pm)

:-)  Yes, I've used it.  I've installed it.  That specific module from Notrinos.  No joy.  It fails to add employees in the HRM module, and once I actually put employees "manually" in the db, the module can not delete them.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  Thx.

Note:  This issue is not restricted to running it locally (I have an instance running) or running it remotely on a web server.  I'm not sure if it occurs in Windows and I don't care.  I don't use Windows OS.  Ever.

notrinos wrote:

Hello

@MacKenzie
The latest update of FrontHrm can be downloaded here: https://github.com/notrinos/FrontHrm/ar … ads/FA.zip
You may should read installation instruction in post #1 of this thread to get the module working.

@PatJr
S solution for repo issue can be found in post 30 of this thread:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewt … 95&p=2

Thank You notrinos, the themes, extensions, and COAs seems to be working now

213 (edited by MacKenzie 01/10/2023 02:12:46 pm)

Installed the latest version of HRM.  It can not be accessed.  https://imgflip.com/i/76ylq9

I'm a long time FA user and I really like the product.  I personally think it needs a major face lift (very small font/footprint) and some serious modules to keep it current, but it's a great product and can do lots of things your average QB or Xero software can NOT do.  But it really needs an "employees" tab and basic stuff like that.  Which brings me to the HRM module.

The HRM module.  Where do I begin?  Hmm. I don't mean to sound ungrateful.  I'm sure a lot of work went into this module.  But it simply doesn't work properly.  I've tried it on several platforms, and I've used several code bases recommended, but it just doesn't work properly.  FA probably needs to set up a "beta Extensions" test repository where stuff like HRMs can be uploaded, explored, fixed, changed, tested, etc.  Once it passes the test, then the governors could agree it's ready.  Just about every other module I've tried works, and works pretty well.  The developers are to be commended for volunteering their time and resources for those contributions.  But something like the HRM module, while perhaps good on some level, really doesn't belong in the repository.  It weakens the FA product (which I find to be generally a really good product).  Again, I don't mean to sound ungrateful.  And yes, I understand this is "open source" code.  Go back and look at all the comments.  There are a "ton" of comments about this module not working.  And to tell someone "oh, you need to download it from here" or "this has been fixed" or "you didn't install it correctly" is just preposterous.  There is absolutely no way this module is ready for prime time and to list it with other 'real' extension is misleading at best.    Please take this in the spirit it is intended.  Not to dump on any developer or group of developers who I'm sure are making a living doing something besides FA. Thanks.

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the fonts used in FA I have to agree.  The themes for FrontAccounting were designed long time ago, for much lower resolution displays than current FHD standard. We will fix this soon. (In before, the application is designed for table displays, not smartphones, so - even if we received some suggestion to change this - we will stay with assuming table monitor as target display).

Regarding Hrm module by Nostrinos, I have just updated the version available from default FA extensions repo. Please test if you have any problems with this version. Frankly, in now way I could reproduce your problems with the module. Both previous as current version installed on fresh new FA installation works as expected. Yes, I could point many constrains in usage of this module in real business workflow, but bottom line is it just works. For any feature improvement please contact HRM module author.

J.

216 (edited by MacKenzie 01/28/2023 04:57:07 pm)

(UPDATE 012823 - PLEASE SEE MY LATEST REPLY - IF INTERESTED - CONCERNING THE HRM MODULE.  I WAS ABLE TO GET IT WORKING)

I am delighted to get your response.  OK, I will try it again.  If it can "add employees" I will be totally surprised, and I will let you know that it worked.  If it doesn't work then - - given that it works for you -- I would have to say it's some kind of configuration setting that is "setting" many of us off.  I've had it throw php errors before but the error messages are not really helpful.   

Insofar as the size of the fonts, I'm happy to hear you're doing a minor face lift.  But it's not the fonts I was referring to.  I agree also that it should not necessarily be designed with the "mobile phone" in mind.  (After all, who would actually do accounting on their phone?  Perhaps looks at a customer inquiry, but that's about it.)   It's more about the way it lives on screen real estate.  Seems it could be spread out more, or made bigger in general.  Not sure.  Perhaps some css improvements?  In any event, I'm not hung up on the looks of it.  I'm more about the functionality. FA is a very impressive application.  Which is one of the reasons I keep coming back to it. 

Thanks again for your response. I will try it 'again' - even though I said I was done with it ;-| and report back what I find.

Thanks,

MacKenzie

I'm happy to report that I was able to get this working.  I still have NO IDEA why it abended before. 

itronics wrote:

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the fonts used in FA I have to agree.  The themes for FrontAccounting were designed long time ago, for much lower resolution displays than current FHD standard. We will fix this soon. (In before, the application is designed for table displays, not smartphones, so - even if we received some suggestion to change this - we will stay with assuming table monitor as target display).

Regarding Hrm module by Nostrinos, I have just updated the version available from default FA extensions repo. Please test if you have any problems with this version. Frankly, in now way I could reproduce your problems with the module. Both previous as current version installed on fresh new FA installation works as expected. Yes, I could point many constrains in usage of this module in real business workflow, but bottom line is it just works. For any feature improvement please contact HRM module author.

J.