Topic: Error in the "Inventory Valuation Report"

When I extract the report, the quantity is correct, but the total value is negative. Is there a solution?

image showing the problem
https://g.top4top.io/p_2309swdxb1.png

Re: Error in the "Inventory Valuation Report"

Standard cost of these items have gone negative, could be multiple reasons you have to check the individual movement of these items and see from which GRN or IA onward it was gone negative.

The issue is something connected with php level. 

Php normally using the floating values with huge decimals. Which causes unexpected values in sometime. 

During the average cost calculation it happens.  Afrer that the price goes either on positive or negative.  But it goes abnormally.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

You can refere to this article https://pakerp.com/blog/transactions-af … rage-cost/

There is very unlike situation in FA. When we make a Located Transfer to anther warehous then it shall not have any impact on Average Cost. Similary when that Location Transfer is voided then again it shall not hit the Average Cost but unfortunately it is not the case.

Such issues may turn the Average Cost to negative but FA doesn't maintain the Log of why the Average Cost is Affected and through which transaction.

In PakERP.com we maintain a log.

www.boxygen.pk

please,,How can I solve the problem?

You have to check average cost of the problematic item (Items&Inventory | Standard Costs)
and/or  current inventory status (Items&Inventory | Inventory Item Movements) and fix invalid negative value either changing standard cost or entering inventory GRN.
J.

Hello All,

Thanks for all responses on the Inventory Valuation Report.

Please is there anyway that it can be made to use standard cost instead of average cost for this report. I believe this is very important.

Thanks in advance for a positive response.

Popsicles12

In config.php look for following, and set $use_costed_values as 0, it will show the standard cost instead of weighted average.

/* Show average costed values instead of fixed standard cost in report, Inventory Valuation Report */
    $use_costed_values = 1;   

popsicles12 wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks for all responses on the Inventory Valuation Report.

Please is there anyway that it can be made to use standard cost instead of average cost for this report. I believe this is very important.

Thanks in advance for a positive response.

Popsicles12

May be we have to provide this feature company level like the allow negative inventory.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes