Topic: Importing invoices

Greetings,

I've had a look at the API docs, but this topic wasn't covered there (only UI).

Is it possible to import invoices into FA without manual intervention?  For example, we want to create invoices externally (eg, a customer buys something online and an invoice is issued to him), then using a script we write, import (ie, insert into DB) that invoice into FA (or a batch of invoices), including any other supporting SQL transactions which may be required for that invoice.

Does anyone know the exact steps required to achieve this programmatically?

Thanks

Re: Importing invoices

Yes, it is possible to import invoices into FA, but the documentation for this is very sparse. You can use an instance of the cart class inside /sales/includes/cart_class.inc to do the job. You will also have to create a new customer if the customer doesn't exist.

You can also follow a member of the community, tom. He is planning to do this with osCommerse. Eventually he sees this topic, otherwise ask him directly.

/Joe

Thanks for the feedback.

OK, that's what I needed to know - whether it was doable and guidance was available on this list on the procedure to follow to achieve it.

After months of playing around and trying to decide which accounting system to go with, FrontAccounting has come out tops.

Cheers

joe wrote:

You can also follow a member of the community, tom. He is planning to do this with osCommerse. Eventually he sees this topic, otherwise ask him directly.
/Joe

Yikes! smile

hat I am working on is taking osCommerce Orders (I guess it does look a lot like an Invoice) and importing them into a FA Sales Order.

Once it is a SO then FA can take over...

What online shopping system are you using?

tom

Howzit Tom,

It's an online advertising system - customers place an order, are presented with an invoice, and pay before they can proceed (all of this occurs outside FA).

We need this sequence since most businesses (customers) in our country will only pay if they have an invoice in their grubby little paws wink

After each order/invoice/payment those details need to be inserted into FA - nice and automatically since this presents a lot of manual labour.

It sounds like your sequence is a bit different?

h

Yes it is a bit different, but once you have a sales order in the system a few simple clicks and it is ready to ship...
Those clicks may be easily automated...

We'll see how helpful my code is, once I am done smile

I take things one small step at a time...

at the rate things are going I expect to have something of interest in a few weeks.

tom

tom wrote:

at the rate things are going I expect to have something of interest in a few weeks.

tom

Sounds good.  Let me know if you'd like help testing when you're ready.

Henry wrote:

Sounds good.  Let me know if you'd like help testing when you're ready.

I am working on osCommerce specific code right now.

It may be 'easy' to convert to read your data source... if I write clean enough code smile

Hi Tom,

Just a query, Is this stuff ready ?
I am interested in it.

Thanks

Chaitanya

To keep things flexible for me I stopped at importing Sales Orders, since they do not cause any permanent db changes.

tom

Hi Tom,

This module is useful for me. Could you please share it if you have completed it ?

Thanks

Chaitanya

Go to Downloads, Module Downloads and look for osCommerce customer and order import

https://frontaccounting.com/wbt/pages/download/download-modules.php

Tom,

I have used the import multi journal module successfully and find it very useful.

I found this topic and wonder if the module for importing invoices is still being considered. This module should also be quite useful.

Thank you and regards,
Freddy