Topic: How to void a sales invoice from the previous closed fiscal year.

How to void a sales invoice from the previous closed fiscal year.
I can see the transaction in the Void a Transaction section but the option Select is marked as N/A.

Please advice.

Re: How to void a sales invoice from the previous closed fiscal year.

@said.omn

Its possible but I don't know what other repercussions this will have. So please use at your own discretion. Maybe other well versed Accountants can advise otherwise. But its very simple:

Setup->Fiscal Years
Edit Pencil
Is Closed NO

Then you can void the invoice and you need to close the year with Is Closed Yes.

Years are closed and opened in chronological order. One cant jump a year to close the other.

/rafat

Pass a voiding equivalent contra Journal Entry in the current fiscal.

Thank you, Rafat

I have already tried this way but it doesn't work for me.

rafat wrote:

@said.omn

Its possible but I don't know what other repercussions this will have. So please use at your own discretion. Maybe other well versed Accountants can advise otherwise. But its very simple:

Setup->Fiscal Years
Edit Pencil
Is Closed NO

Then you can void the invoice and you need to close the year with Is Closed Yes.

Years are closed and opened in chronological order. One cant jump a year to close the other.

/rafat

Dear apmuthu can you elaborate more

apmuthu wrote:

Pass a voiding equivalent contra Journal Entry in the current fiscal.

@said.omn
It should work.. What exactly did not work for you? How did you go about it? What is your current fiscal year and in which fiscal year is the invoice? State OS and FA Versions..
\rafat

Data insert might have got interrupteed due to problem with internet connection, server down and many more reason. happened due to improper data insert during the transaction. one data insert transaction/activity is affecting in more than 2 tables. if the enterted data is not inserted into all the table properly, sometime these kind N/A will come during void.
You please check the particular transaction history and its relevent tables. Better to delete the data/transaction from the data base and repeat the transaction from the front end.

Regards,
Bharathiraja Kaliyamoorthy

Dear Rafat

Thank you for your care.

You are right, it should have worked but I missed one step, I have changed the previous year 2020 fiscal Year to No,  both years 2020 & 2021 are NO, I had to go to the company set up and change the fiscal Year to 2020, then I could remove the previous fiscal year invoice.

Have a nice day.

rafat wrote:

@said.omn
It should work.. What exactly did not work for you? How did you go about it? What is your current fiscal year and in which fiscal year is the invoice? State OS and FA Versions..
\rafat