Topic: How to make changes after create direct invoice on Purchase

I am trying to make things easy for my staff.  When the products arrive, I want them to use direct invoice so it will create all the other forms automatically for them.  If they want to make any changes, for example items A for 50 pcs instead of 100 pcs to go to warehouse A, should they go to supplier transaction inquiry and look up the purchase order delivery form to make a change.  It looks like you can view but you cannot edit it.  How to actually make a change?

Re: How to make changes after create direct invoice on Purchase

Anybody knows the answer?

Void Invoice and then make a new one.

or

Make sales orders instead of direct invoices and then let the staff edit them and proceed to convert them into delivery orders and invoices thereafter.

4 (edited by johnyu2012 10/17/2013 09:41:06 am)

Can you tell me how to void the direct purchase invoice?

I tried the void transaction in the setup.  It will not do and says "The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided."

I found out how to do it.  You have void the supplier invoice first before voiding the purchase invoice delivery.

7 (edited by ohhteriiii 02/07/2015 12:33:49 pm)

Can you tell me how to void the direct purchase invoice?

I realize that this is an old topic, but I've just wiki-ed the following procedure to edit Direct Supplier Invoices:

1. First void the invoice (Setup->Void A Transaction)
    2. Void the delivery.  Note that the delivery cannot be voided until the invoice is voided.
    3. Purchases->Outstanding purchase orders maintenance: Edit the PO.  You can change date, add or remove items.
    4. Purchases->Outstanding purchase orders maintenance: Receive the PO
    5. Purchases→Supplier Invoices: Invoice the PO