Topic: How to make changes after create direct invoice on Purchase

I am trying to make things easy for my staff.  When the products arrive, I want them to use direct invoice so it will create all the other forms automatically for them.  If they want to make any changes, for example items A for 50 pcs instead of 100 pcs to go to warehouse A, should they go to supplier transaction inquiry and look up the purchase order delivery form to make a change.  It looks like you can view but you cannot edit it.  How to actually make a change?

Re: How to make changes after create direct invoice on Purchase

Anybody knows the answer?

Void Invoice and then make a new one.

or

Make sales orders instead of direct invoices and then let the staff edit them and proceed to convert them into delivery orders and invoices thereafter.

4 (edited by johnyu2012 10/17/2013 09:41:06 am)

Can you tell me how to void the direct purchase invoice?

I tried the void transaction in the setup.  It will not do and says "The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided."

I found out how to do it.  You have void the supplier invoice first before voiding the purchase invoice delivery.

7 (edited by ohhteriiii 02/07/2015 12:33:49 pm)

Can you tell me how to void the direct purchase invoice?

I realize that this is an old topic, but I've just wiki-ed the following procedure to edit Direct Supplier Invoices:

1. First void the invoice (Setup->Void A Transaction)
    2. Void the delivery.  Note that the delivery cannot be voided until the invoice is voided.
    3. Purchases->Outstanding purchase orders maintenance: Edit the PO.  You can change date, add or remove items.
    4. Purchases->Outstanding purchase orders maintenance: Receive the PO
    5. Purchases→Supplier Invoices: Invoice the PO

Followed the process above. Now get this when you want to void the delivery after voiding the Purchase invoice.:

The void cannot be processed because there is an insufficient quantity for item.

Wynand

Alas, the procedure that I suggested is not foolproof if the inventory created by the delivery has already been used.  Because the void doesn't realize that you are just editing the delivery rather than removing it permanently.

As a quick workaround, you can disable the inventory check in void_transaction.php.  The check begins

if ($_POST['filterType'] == ST_SUPPRECEIVE) {

The inventory will go negative after voiding the delivery, But after receiving the PO again, it will go positive.  I haven't tried this, so be careful, and test this first in a demo database.

Another workaround without changing code would be to temporarily make an inventory adjustment, and then delete it afterwards.  The error message that you describe should tell you the stock_id and description of the affected item.

Yes I know this is a pain, and the real solution is for someone to post the code for a true supplier invoice editor that would not apply the inventory checks until the update key is pressed.