Topic: Receive Purchase Order Items: stopped working since 2.4.7!

Hi team

I was using 2.4.6 before and did not upgrade to 2.4.7, but later to 2.4.8. I tried now to receive an outstanding purchase order and it does not work anymore.
I just get the info "Clear all GL field entries". Another user reported the same for 2.4.7 and it's true, I tested with 2.4.7 as well, same problem.
So this means I will have to downgrade back to 2.4.6 (with all the problems we had there).
Could someone of the developers have look into this PLEASE?? I wonder why noone else did report this before? It seems to be a quite normal procedure to receive stock...

Also stock adjustement does not work properly!! Minus adjustments are handled as PLUS adjustements!

These are major bugs and I wonder what going on in the developers area...
Hope you guys can find the grip on this. I have really enjoyed working with FrontAccounting till now.

Re: Receive Purchase Order Items: stopped working since 2.4.7!

Please make sure you have tested with the Git Master which has the post release fixes too. The file includes/ui/allocation_cart.inc was updated on these dates:

2020-03-18 (after FA 2.4.8 was released)
2020-01-11
2019-12-26 (after FA 2.4.7 was released)
2017-11-10 (before AF 2.4.6 was released)

FA 2.4.8 was released on 2020-02-05
FA 2.4.7 was released on 2019-06-25
FA 2.4.6 was released on 2018-12-18

All I can say is that your web page processing is messed up in an interesting way.  "Clear all GL field entries" is the title of the button "Process Receive Items" and would not normally display unless the cursor hovered over the button.

It would interesting to "View Page Source" in your browser to see what was actually loaded and that might give you a clue as to what is happening.  Maybe the server is sending some garbage preventing the browser from running the page.

4 (edited by incocare 08/15/2020 12:06:22 am)

Braath Waate wrote:

All I can say is that your web page processing is messed up in an interesting way.  "Clear all GL field entries" is the title of the button "Process Receive Items" and would not normally display unless the cursor hovered over the button.

It would interesting to "View Page Source" in your browser to see what was actually loaded and that might give you a clue as to what is happening.  Maybe the server is sending some garbage preventing the browser from running the page.

Sorry mate, not sure what you are talking about... there is nothing wrong with my server... using FA now for 8 years.
Same problem comes up for other users.

apmuthu wrote:

Please make sure you have tested with the Git Master which has the post release fixes too. The file includes/ui/allocation_cart.inc was updated on these dates:

2020-03-18 (after FA 2.4.8 was released)
2020-01-11
2019-12-26 (after FA 2.4.7 was released)
2017-11-10 (before AF 2.4.6 was released)

FA 2.4.8 was released on 2020-02-05
FA 2.4.7 was released on 2019-06-25
FA 2.4.6 was released on 2018-12-18

I appreciate your answer, although I'm not a developer so please excuse my ignorance to GIT... I would expect that fixes in a presvious release are getting added into the next release. Especially if we talk about base functions like receiving goods?

Some new fixes can override other previous changes that might break some earlier functionality.

@joe: is this an issue?

Go to this order on the FA demo site.

1. Does this page look like your page?
2. Change the date to 12/31/2019 (so that it is in the correct fiscal year).
3.. Press Process Receive Items.  Did it work?

If this works on the demo site and not your site, then there is some code or data difference that is preventing it from working on your site.

(Note: this can only be tested once.  To test multiple times, enter a new purchase order and try again).