151 (edited by carl.drogo.dotraki 12/09/2019 02:15:22 pm)

Re: Payroll & Human Resource Management.

Hi friends
How can I translate frontHRM to another language? I mean for default frontAccounting modules there is a PO file containing english labels so you can translate it to any language you want. Should I edit the frontHRM code directly or there is a better way to traslate the module?

Thank you so much @rafat.
Pay element's account will not be updated, it was designed that way from the beginning.
I also modified the this procedure to avoid misunderstandings: committed here

Phuong

Hi @notrinos

You need to take a look at Employee Payment Entry when allocating a Loan (Employee Advance) amount. Its not generating the correct Total Amount for This Allocation.
Its somehow messy. Also is there a plan for an inquiry screen or report for loans (Advances).? It will be nice to have.

This is a great module, am still testing it.
Please can someone help me understand beside basic salary which is debited into "Staff wages & salaries", am also seeing some other figure either credited or debited into "Staff wages & salaries" depending on if the employee has worked all the 26 days in a month. How are these figures arrived at.

To answer my own question, after experimenting a lot I found out how this is done.
- Add up all benefits including basic salary
- Then deduct all deductions
- Whatever amount is remained, then divide it by number of days supposed to have worked per month, this gives you rate per day

So if has worked more or less days multiply by rate per day derived from above
Finally depending on whether the days were extra or less, debit or credit.
Hope this explanation helps someone out there.

156 (edited by cristiart 02/07/2020 03:02:03 am)

I get all sorts of errors. here's one when you try to add employees:

DATABASE ERROR : Could not write employee data
error code : 1366
error message : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'emp_id' at row 1

or another one

DATABASE ERROR : Could not write employee data
error code : 1366
error message : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'inactive' at row 1

let's say your have an employee that resigned but after a few month he's coming back

in include/ui/employee_ui.php add function at end

function employee_inactive_row($label, $name, $active=null) {
    echo "<tr><td class='label'>$label</td><td>";

if($active==0){
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='0' checked > Active&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='1'> Resigned &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='2'> Fired";
    }
    elseif($active==1) {
         echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='0'> Active&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='1' checked> Resigned &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='2'> Fired";
    }
    else {
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='0'> Active&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='1'> Resigned &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        echo "<input type='radio' name=$name value='2' checked> Fired";
    }
    echo "</td></tr>";
}

in manage/employee.php

replace line 310 with
employee_inactive_row(_('Status').':', 'EmpInactive', get_post('EmpInactive') );

to handle the fired message replace line 145 with
if (get_post('EmpInactive') == 1 or get_post('EmpInactive') ==2) {

Now your have better options to handle this.

This will solve a database error "Incorrect integer value"

Dear all,

Help is needed. I have installed and activated the HR extension. When it comes to adding an employee, the system permits to fill the form but when I click "Add new employee" nothing happens.

Please help.

Thanks.

@Muthu sir, unable to click/go into Employees tab under HR Maintenance. Please guide. - Deepa Namagiri, IIT Bombay.

Enable the access role for the said feature under Setup=>Access Setup=> System Administrator (or any other user role) and tick the necessary feature and save. Logout and login again.

161 (edited by notrinos 05/10/2020 02:00:00 am)

I updated the post #1 with an Installation Guide.
Those who encountered installation issues or the module doesn't work can found solution.

Thank you for your feedback.

Phuong

@Muthu sir, I did above steps but unable to access  Employees tab.

@notrinos in FA version 2.4.7  the installation is done, I can also access the module but I can't create any position.

When I try to create a job position nothing is showing up? What could be the problem? Is it only working with FA 2.4.7?

Regards

Cedrick

Hello @cedricktshiyoyo

I have tested in 2.4.7 without the problem, job position was created normally.
Can you describe the problem in more detail? Did any error message appear?
Or try set $go_debug = 2 in config.php to see if any error message shows up?

Phuong

165 (edited by itmas 05/19/2020 06:07:52 am)

after a fresh install of FA, creating 2 companies for testing then adding the FrontHRM module I was not able to add employee's either. I turned $go_debug up to 2 then opened the employees page again.

It reports there is no frontacc.4_position or frontacc.4_pay_element tables. I went to mysql, loaded the frontacc db and show tables. the tables are definately not there.

What gets run when you activate / deactivate the FrontHRM model?

edit - I found that after going to each company, deactivating and reactivation the first of the two modules, the files appear. Any idea why that might be?

Hi
The employees are not adding.

The FrontHrm module was installed, and user rights were given.

But I found that there error extension activation was not creating tables.. (enabling Debug 2 in config.php)

Than I manually ran the sql query to create tables and fields.
However now debug is not showing any error but the page add/edit employees showing a small yellow triangle picture (warning/ error).

Any idea how to correct this.?

I realized, it was a problem of directory permissions, FA is not working properly with Linux/Ubuntu you need to give write permissions to folders and subfolders otherwise some modules will not work properly.

if you are using windows, you may not encounter any problem installing FA.

if you are using ubuntu    make sure FA has a write permission to all directories

try this :
sudo chmod 777 /var/www/html/account/*
sudo chmod 777 /var/www/html/account/modules/*

etc...

I granted all the permission.. but still problem persists.

If you are not very familiar with ubuntu/linux .  I suggest you first install FA on a windows computer, install your FA Modules, make sure everything is running properly then you can copy your files to a linux computer, you will not face issues.

FA performance on Linux and Windows is not the same. It's just about permissions, nothing else.
Try windows you'll see.

regards.

Hello, I found a bug in Insert Statement of Job Position.

Fix at /includes/db/job_position_db.inc at Line 30

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TB_PREF."position (position_name, pay_basis) VALUES (".db_escape($name).",".db_escape($pay_basis).")";

Just given a whitespace after position

www.boxygen.pk

171 (edited by boxygen 08/02/2020 08:02:41 am)

One more issue at attendance_db.inc at Line 34.

I just changed the table name to leave1 and it worked. It seems that word leave have some reserved rights in sql.

I don't know why I am facing these bugs because I am using this FrontHrm very late and not expecting such bugs.

Or is it due to the PHP version issue. Mine is 7.2

Any comment?

www.boxygen.pk

172 (edited by boxygen 08/02/2020 11:57:55 am)

Ok, I got the reason. The word leave is a SQL keyword. I am getting error because I am using Child Companies without TB_PREF. Since this is an option in FA so its better to change the name of table leave to may be leave_details

www.boxygen.pk

I have a suggestion.

In the function generate_gl_items() in payslip_ui.inc we have some calculations based on $salary_amount/$Work_days.

We shall enclosed such calculations with round(X, 2) function. Otherwise it is likely to have the error

display_error(_('The journal must balance (debits equal to credits) before it can be processed.'));

I got this error and fixed by applying round function.

www.boxygen.pk

I am getting this error in Print Payslip

https://prnt.sc/tsnpkh

www.boxygen.pk

Hi, thank you @boxygen
I have given you access role to commit to the module source code.
I think this is the best way to honor the contributions.
Thank you so much

Phuong