Topic: Development of a "fancier" bank import module
With due respect to the creators of the current bank import modules, FA has fallen behind more recent system regarding the sophistication of the important bank import functionality.
I am interested to know if anyone would be interested to adapt the current module to have the following functionality (inter alia):
- The ability to adapt to different formats of bank statements;
- The ability to identify single column debits & credits by sign;
- The ability to import debits and credits simultaneously;
- The ability to allocate transactions to appropriate GL accounts, as a lookup during the import process, including split allocations;
- Wishful thinking: To 'remember' prior allocations and to suggest these when performing a new import.
If so what kind of money are we looking at given that much of the functionality already exists in various PHP 'macros'