Topic: Import Tax.

Hi Friends
i try to do this but my mind lost point number 5! what is mean create a line??? please some one send me picture for that?

Import Tax.
If you need the possibility to enter Purchase Invoices from another country with Import Tax (so called zero'ed tax), you can do that the following way:
1- Create a new account near the Sales Tax, e.g. 2151 and name it Import Tax and place it in Current Liabilities.
2- Create a new Tax Type. Call it Import Tax. Give it the same rate as you use for normal tax, e.g. 23%. Select the newly created account for both sales and purchases.
3- Don't include this Import Tax in any Tax Group.
4- Create a Quick Entry. Call it Import. Select Supplier Invoice/Credit as type. Enter 'Invoice amount' as base amount description.
5- Create a line, choose '% amount of base'. Select the newly created account, 2151. Enter -23 % (The same rate as the Import Tax Type with a minus sign). Create another line, choose '% amount of base'. Select the normal account for Purchase tax (maybe the same as Sales tax). Enter 23 % (the same rate as your normal Tax Type).

Re: Import Tax.

Hello, I guess this is a good approach to enter the Import Tax.

At the same time you get sufficient statistics regarding Import Amounts on the Tax Report. Most tax authorities require this info.

Joe

Re: Import Tax.

Wiki-ed it.