Topic: Insufficient inventory balance for issuing material to the work order

When I'm trying the manufacturing module I made the purchasing of the raw material and I checked the inventory status and also I setup the BOM , but when I'm going to process the work order by doing the second step after placing the work order which is Issue Items to Work Order this strange message came to me

" The issue cannot be processed because an entered item would cause a negative inventory balance : - "

Best Regards

Abdelhamid M. Abdelhamid - Partner & Managing Director
Abdelhamid & Co Certified Public Accountants & Auditors - UAE - Sharjah
(ACPA & IACPA) - (International Arab Certified Public Accountant)- IASCA Fellow Member
Mobile "WhatsApp" : +971 50 7948028

Re: Insufficient inventory balance for issuing material to the work order

Hello,
When releasing a work order (advanced manufacture) the wo requirements from BOM is automatically created. When you are issuing, you are issuing extra items to the workorder. This might have caused the out of stock message.

/Joe

I don't think so , because I checked the activity of the raw material and no activity done , this mean there is something must be adjusted

Thanks for your great efforts

(ACPA & IACPA) - (International Arab Certified Public Accountant)- IASCA Fellow Member

Again Joe

If the case that we are having here is that the requirements of the work order will be obtained from bom , at least once the work order get the raw material according to the bom then the activity of this must be reflected to the inventory status and inventory activity , which it doesn't in our case
I tried the reports related to inventory "inventory valuation report " showing me the same quantities I purchased without any deduction , on the other side the "stock check sheets " showing me zero balance for inventory for all the material that I purchased

now I need from you to have a look again in this because the flow chart must be as I'm going to update the work order the material must be shipped to the work order and must be minus from the inventory and all of this activities must appear to me in the inventory item movements query and inventory item status query also

so can you please try to generate the process again , if there is anything I'm missing you can tell me here

Best regards

Here is the work flow for Advanced Manufacture (normal assembly takes all in one step):
A work order is created. No further action is taken.
The work order is released. The wo requirements table is updated from the BOM. When looking at the Work Order the required lines with insuffient qoh are marked.
The work order get more issues. The error will display immediately if insuffient qoh for the item issued. If 'Allow negative stock' is not marked in Setup.
The work order is produced.  The error should display telling that there are insuffient qoh for items. If 'Allow negative stock' is not marked in Setup.
I have sent you a file for replacement so this error is showing.
When the work order is produced, the stock moves table is updated and the GL is updated. The stock account for raw materials are credited and the stock account for manufactured items are debited.
The work order gets extra costs. This cost is added to the standard_costs for the manufactured item. GL is updated too.
The work order is closed when the production is done. There can be done no more operations on the work order.
During the period from work order release and to work order close, the reports 302 (Inventory Planning) and 303 (stock check sheet) includes the items in the column 'Supp Ord' or 'On Order' .
BTW. I think we should skip the first button in Work Order Production. Both do the same thing.

/Joe

Thank you Joe , I'm testing now again

7 (edited by infotechaccountant 06/04/2009 08:27:34 am)

When choosing advanced manufactured as a type of work order every thing going fine but what about the other two options in the type list “assemble , unassemble” ?
Because when I’m choosing assemble as a type of work order it is showing me that message “The work order cannot be processed because there is an insufficient quantity for component: RM-01 - Raw Material - 01. Location: Warehouse – 01”

If you get this message, the qoh for item, location is going below 0. The program is checking the BOM if the qty on the BOM item (for the location) multiplied with the number of the assembled items is available.

The opposite could catch an error if you are unassembling and there is no qoh for the assembled (manufactured) item.

/Joe

there is some strange behavior happening , the assemble type worked with me and then giving me the same message again “The work order cannot be processed because there is an insufficient quantity for component: RM-01 - Raw Material - 01. Location: Warehouse – 01”

I think there is some thing wrong , can you check please one time more and try this maybe you will find bugs

I can't reproduce this behaviour on the demo server. Neither can I on my local server. Can I access your server with this data?
You can email me the password, if you want to.

/Joe

This is really strange. I have just been into the demo data client and created 1 assembly of finished goods - 01 without errors. Look for yourself.

/Joe

Maybe this because of my browser , I'll try it