Joe, thanks for your reply. I know that dimensions are very powerfull, that is why I want to use them. But the problem is that the behaviour that you describe is not happening here. I have the following scenario:
1. I have created a dimension list with product names
2. I have a ledger account for each product group
3. Products are linked to their specific ledger-account for the product group where we want to accumuate the ledger entries for that product
4. Each product is linked with it's product dimension
5. I invoice a product, this creates ledger entries for the correct product group account in the ledger
6. I asume, as you state above, that the dimension that is linked to the product is also generated into the ledger-entry
7. I should therefor see the dimension for the product reflected in the ledger entry but this is NOT the case
I want to filter my ledger entries (and other reports) by product dimension. I could for example create a profit & loss statement for one specific product this way but unfortunately this is not happening (for now)
Maybe you can give me some pointers as where to look to get this working. My assumption is that I can set a dimension on a product or service, invoice this product or service, have ledger entries generated with the correct dimension and then filter the ledger entries (for a specific report) for that dimension.
Where do I go wrong?