Topic: Costed Inventory Movement Report

In my costed inventory movement report I encountered the following:

Opening Stock Value  $347 017
Stock in value            $202 615
Delivery Value            $ 45 453
Closing Stock Value    $591 544

But this does not add up - the arithmetic comes to $504 179.

Also, my Inventory Valuation Report balances to by GL for some inventory categories but not others.

Mark

Re: Costed Inventory Movement Report

Is this the report we modified a while ago?

Please try to be a Little more specific.

/Joe

This might have something to do with new value computation being based on average costs (changes made in Aug/Sep 2014)  which can be 0 if no input costs were available such as in opening balances or in/out rates.

Post's attachments

Erroneous_Costed_Movement_Report.pdf 2.9 kb, 4 downloads since 2015-01-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi - it's been a while since I could get back into this bug - error in costed inventory movement report.

I have experimented with the effect of voiding transactions to see if this can cause a difference between GL and Costed Inventory Movement Report (CMIR).  What I found was that voiding a direct sales invoice has equal effect on both GL and CMIR as both the sale and inventory transactions are voided in a single "void".  However voiding a direct purchase invoice also requires voiding the supplier invoice and the associated purchase order delivery - ie two "voids."   If you don't do two voids as described then the GL is right but the CMIR is wrong. 

I often have the problem of the GL stock values and the inventory reports differing.  When they do it is very difficult to find out why - in fact to me it's proved impossible.

Can I suggest that the effect of voiding a direct supplier invoice be the same as voiding a direct customer invoice? 

The goal being to make the user experience of Front better by making it simpler and consistent.

Mark

I will have a look into this, Mark.

Joe

@MarkAndrew

Mark, this is an extremely complicated routine: function void_supp_invoice in file /purchasing/includes/db/invoice_db.inc.
The function starts on line 487 and the handling of the received items is done from line 505 and forward.
As you can see several users have been editing these routines and some lines have been commented out.

I am not sure what we should do here to fix your issues.

Will you have a look, and maybe give me som hints. Thanks in advance.

/Joe

Hi Joe
What I know abt programming is zero!
The only hint I can give is for the routine to work the same way as voiding a direct customer invoice.
The other hint I can give is for things to work consistently - not one way for this and another way for that - but that's not much help for this problem but it's important in the big picture.

Ok, I will give it another go, but be prepared to help testing.

Joe

will be glad to help test

@MarkAndrew,

I now see the problem.

When you void a supplier invoice, the underlying Delivery is NOT voided. This has to do with when using the supplier invoice in the right panel, you can select which deliveries is going to be included in the supp invoice.

Therefore voiding a complete direct supp invoice ( and a built up supp invoice from the right panel) will not be done and it will Always require a 2 step operation.

1. First void the supplier invoice.
2. And now void the PO delivery.

Although most of the time it could be done to void both the supp invoice and the receive, it would be dangerous to do this and in several cases it qould not be desirable.

So I will leave the operation as is.

The wiki has been update here.

/Joe

ok, thanks