Topic: Another Encoding issue

Hi,

I have recently formatted my debian server and restored frontaccounting backup to new debian. After setting up frontaccounting not encodes properly the ajax requests. all html part which is initially loaded are OK but when I make request something like supplier list list it is not shows up characters properly. I have checked database and characters are OK there too. I have tested debian locales and modified FA lang directory files as on wiki but still couldn`t get any luck.
Please see screenshot, red one is problematic where you see question marks, but blue one properly rendered with UTF-8.
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/turkel_alizadeh/Capture.png

Please advise how to debug language ?

2 (edited by trecords 12/07/2014 06:32:52 pm)

Re: Another Encoding issue

OK finally İ have figured it out smile

I have modified this core FA file:
includes/db/connect_db.inc

I have added this line after the "mysql_select_db" :

mysql_query("SET character_set_results=utf8", $db);
mysql_query("set names 'utf8'",$db);

I would like this to be considered on next release of FA, because this makes confusion on users like me and after database move somtime ( I am not sure why) database connection collation changes and this small addition may solve it. Charset could be linked from actual language file reguired charset.

I will talk with Janusz about this.

Joe

This fix is related to your specific situation, when you have changed  database server to other one with different encodings, so cannot be included in FA. Nevertheless planned FA 2.4 version will change default  database  encoding to utf-8, and will migrate database properly.
Janusz

Yes right this is only solution for my case, database move made changes and I was not able to redo changes. Would be better to have some solution on this as it makes confusion.

Many Thanks.

This has been addressed in an earlier post and needs a dynamic assignment based on collation of existing database / table.