Topic: plz HELP! Chart of Accounts system with parent-children account levels

Hi guys,

I've been investigated the software for almost a week. In our country, we use the chart of accounts system with parent-children account levels.
I.e. 311                               Bank receivables
      - 3111                           Bank receivables from HSBC
      - 3111_HCM                  Bank receivables from HSBC HCM city
      - 3111_Hanoi                Bank receivables from HSBC Hanoi

Please advice to re-configure the chart of accounts to this direction. Thanks a ton everyone!

Re: plz HELP! Chart of Accounts system with parent-children account levels

Use the account Groups for this.

Create Account Groups 311, 3111.
Let 3111 be a subgroup of 311

Create Account 3111_HCM and use the 3111 Account Group.
Create Account 3111_hanoi and use the 3111 Account Group.

You can even build it a level more, but the more levels the more difficult it is to read the P&L Statement.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for your help.
Using group account helps in building levels. But in balance sheet and COA report (with balance shown), no balance (should be sum balance of the accounts in the group) is displayed for a group account. Therefore in my case, it's more about account levels than group levels.

I.e. Account number           Account name                                            Total amount
      311                               Bank receivables                                       300
      - 3111                           Bank receivables from HSBC                      300
      - 3111_HCM                  Bank receivables from HSBC HCM city        100
      - 3111_Hanoi                Bank receivables from HSBC Hanoi             200

thanks again, Joe.

Have you found a solution ??

mimi wrote:

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for your help.
Using group account helps in building levels. But in balance sheet and COA report (with balance shown), no balance (should be sum balance of the accounts in the group) is displayed for a group account. Therefore in my case, it's more about account levels than group levels.

I.e. Account number           Account name                                            Total amount
      311                               Bank receivables                                       300
      - 3111                           Bank receivables from HSBC                      300
      - 3111_HCM                  Bank receivables from HSBC HCM city        100
      - 3111_Hanoi                Bank receivables from HSBC Hanoi             200

thanks again, Joe.

HI! I have the same question. Is there any decision? Tank's

Try:
<pre>
Account number       Account name                                            Total amount
      311                    Bank receivables                                            300
      3111                    Bank receivables from HSBC                            300
      31111                    Bank receivables from HSBC HCM city              100
      31112                    Bank receivables from HSBC Hanoi                   200
</pre>

What does it show?

Checkout the setting for $accounts_alpha in config.php file.