Topic: LDAP Auth

I am trying to get the LDAP authentication to work with FA.  I have tried installing the module from with in the FA set up but I just get the normal login page.  I have also tried downloading the tar.gz file but get these errors:

include_once(./includes/db/sync_db.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file: /var/www/frontaccounting/includes/session.inc at line 185
include_once(): Failed opening './includes/db/sync_db.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in file: /var/www/frontaccounting/includes/session.inc at line 185

This is running on a Ubuntu 10.04 apache2 server with the current stable version of Frontaccounting

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: LDAP Auth

I have not used LDAP extension module, but there is normal that you see normal login page. LDAP authentication is done in background, but the page used for login is the standard FA form. After installation you have to configure LDAP interface in modules/auth_ldap/config_ldap.php.
Janusz

Hi!

I'm making some improvements to the LDAP extension, to satisfy some of my own requirements.  My github repo is here:

https://github.com/msquared-id-au/frontaccounting/tree/master/extensions/Extensions/auth_ldap

If the maintainer likes what I'm doing (and I don't cause any compatibility problems for anyone else using this extension), perhaps they'll pull my changes into the FA repo for everyone to use.

It is indeed quite heartening to note that my GitHub repo has been forked by 11 people and 3 users have provided a star (*) as well.

https://www.github.com/apmuthu/frontaccounting

(*) Date of Fork with Github.com path

2013-09-30    4myPAL / frontaccounting
* 2013-09-05    ahmedgomaa / frontaccounting
2013-10-14    badboys0505 / frontaccounting
2013-09-30    bregananta / frontaccounting
2013-04-30    christianestrella / frontaccounting
2013-05-30    dinhseva / frontaccounting
2013-10-14    jgera / frontaccounting
2013-09-05    MSofiaH / frontaccounting
2013-11-07    msquared-id-au / frontaccounting
2013-05-30    qernni / frontaccounting
2013-05-30    TuyetVu / frontaccounting

This kind of collaboration is why I like open source so much.  :-)  Thank you for maintaining the extensions in github!

Thankyou for the thumbs up! It makes it worthwhile doing it when we know we can all benefit from it.

barrydocks wrote:

I am trying to get the LDAP authentication to work with FA.  I have tried installing the module from with in the FA set up but I just get the normal login page.

Update your auth_ldap, have a look at the sample configuration file in modules/auth_ldap/config_ldap.php, and modify that configuration to suit.