Topic: Accountant: how easy is it for me to install FA

Please, how easy will it be for me to install FA? I am an accountant and scared that if I do not know php (I have read the installation instructions), I might fall into trouble installing FA.
can anyone help? can I find an all-in-one installer as others have?
thanks

Re: Accountant: how easy is it for me to install FA

Hi nnaemeka,

Hopefully the installation would be straight forward enough.

Can you tell the forum please which operating system you will be using for your proposed FA installation, and maybe we can give you some more specific information

Xero

I offer a hosting service with simple scripts software installs with FA included, many hosts provide this system.  Not all have FA but some do.

If you are interested please PM me.

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

xero wrote:

Hi nnaemeka,

Hopefully the installation would be straight forward enough.

Can you tell the forum please which operating system you will be using for your proposed FA installation, and maybe we can give you some more specific information

Xero

Windows 7, IIS 7.

nnaemeka,

""Windows 7, IIS 7."" - - -  In that case I am going to be of little or no help to you, as personally I work exclusively with Linux.
That said, if it's a base package you are looking for, something like Bitnami or XAMPP might be worth investigating.
Hopefully there will be some people here on the forums with Windows/WAMP experience.

Xero

I've sent you a PM about a Windows desktop set up for FrontAccounting from asrosoft.com.
Sorry about the advertising...

7 (edited by apmuthu 08/13/2013 06:23:12 am)

Planettel provides an OpenVZ template for FA with default India, Singapore and Malaysia Chart of Accounts besides the standard US ones, along with 10 pre-created databases for 10 FA companies. They also provide cloud hosted service and client site hosted instances besides support. Migration from other versions of FA and other accounting systems are also undertaken by them. They sponsor my developmental work on FA for the cloud.

apmuthu wrote:

Planettel provides an OpenVZ template for FA with default India, Singapore and Malaysia Chart of Accounts besides the standard US ones, along with 10 pre-created databases for 10 FA companies. They also provide cloud hosted service and client site hosted instances besides support. Migration from other versions of FA and other accounting systems are also undertaken by them. They sponsor my developmental work on FA for the cloud.

That should be on reference, apmuthu. I wonder what accountant with so much work could be taking the trouble of FA on his own, especially if he is coming from a country where IT staff are scarce.
By the way, can i ask a question: where can one find chart of accounts to download for FA? I need templates for Nigeria or UK accounting. thanks

9 (edited by apmuthu 09/05/2013 12:36:35 pm)

All Chart of Accounts have the same db schema (with possible collation difference but basically UTF-8). Country specific language used will be available in the Language Extensions. Country and business specific COAs will have to be customized but Country generic COAs are available from within the GUI (on linux, locale for the specific country may have to be installed / activated as well). The sql file for each COA is available in the webroot's sql folder where others may be uploaded manually as well.

Create your own COA starting from one of the existing ones like the default sql/en_US-new.sql.

FA is made to be as simple as possible with quick support from the community here in the forum and distilled in the Wiki - even so, it might be intimidating to the uninitiated whence commercial support is available as well.

thanks. questions closed then.