Topic: Release 2.3.17

Announcement

This is a 2.3.17 release, and is considered as stable.

Common

• Fixed bug in cool theme renderer.php

• faillog.php file moved to tmp subdir.

• Small fix in javascript routines to avoid naming conflicts for form.action objects.

• Fixing cookie.txt location during access to remote exchange rate server.

• Uniform display of exchange rate across aplication, added xr_provider_authoritative option, fixed bug in stored rate value.

• Fixed session handling bug resulting in blank page on some pre-5.2 php versions.

• Fixed bug in get_next_trans_no() resulting in invisibility of new stock movements entered after some transaction is voided (applies to location transfer and inventory adjustment).

• Improved db_pager::set_sql to use array as well as query string.

• Improved db_pager widget sorting (now user column selection order is used).

• Fixed CSRF warning after retrying password change.

• Change password: added current password verification.

Sales

• Customer Credit Note: warning cleanup in write_credit_note()

• Customer Payment, Supplier Payment: payments can be done in any currency and properly allocated to invoices; exchange rate field removed (bank exchange rate is calculated automatically)

• Fixed mysql 5.0 issue in Print Statements report.

• Added missing db_write_hook in update sales order.

• Updating sales order use UPDATE instead of DELETE/INSERT to preserve extra data added by extensions (if any)

• Added get_dispatchable_quantity hook.

Purchasing

• Supplier Invoices, Direct Invoice, Supplier Credit Notes: added editable tax totals fields to fix variations in tax calculations on supplier side

• Payments, Bank Transfer: Fixed payment limit checking bug.

• Direct GRN, GRN to PO, Direct Purchase Invoice: added exchange rate edition/storage on new transaction date.

• Customer Payment, Supplier Payment: payments can be done in any currency and properly allocated to invoices; exchange rate field removed (bank exchange rate is calculated automatically)

• Fixed bug in voiding GRN/Purchase resulting in invalid average unit cost.

• Fixed a forgotten currency bug in GRN Valuation Report (rep305.php)

Items and Inventory

• Fixed nested forms in Items tab.

• Fixed qoh to return 0 instead of null when stock moves history is empty.

Banking and General Ledger

• Bank Transfer: additional field for target currency amount instead of exchange rate display.

• Fixed exchange rate ui to be editable for new rates only, bank payment/deposit use amount in supplier/customer currency instead of rate.

• Payments, Bank Transfer: Fixed payment limit checking bug.

Re: Release 2.3.17

Hi

Where can I find upgrade package for 2.3.17?

At Sourceforge. Sorry for not telling that.

Joe

Some Suggest if you dont Mind,

Please Make db_pager ( pagination )more easier .. as  suppose i want to call my specific table name then ? ( if its with SQL  inner join or any other join ).

ALSO Pagination should be in all place .. as i saw your User page doesn't have Pagination .. if i have 2O thousand and more list then ? scrolling down and down ? , hence i suggest pagination should be in all page .. with easy way if suppose i need  different column field , then it can be done easily with code etc ...

ALSO TABBER ( should be made of 2 type - one open all tab and second with selected ID wise )

Some lists with opening and closing balances inside a period, doesn't make sense to make a pager. It seems odd that you have several thousands users. If you want to make this a pager, you are welcome to go.

/Joe

6 (edited by MarkAndrew 08/13/2013 09:09:28 am)

I have encountered the following problem after installing release 2.3.17:

When I enter a "customer payment" of 11 500 for a customer (set up in my home currency) into a bank account (also set up in the home currency) the GL posting is

Dr Bank                          11
Cr Debtors                             11 500
Dr Forex variance    11 489

I have deselected automatic update of forex variances as I though it might make a difference but it does not.

However, when I try post the same payment via "Banking and General Ledger...Payments" the result is as expected:

Dr Bank       11 500
Cr Debtors             11 500

How can I solve this problem.

Mark

We are investigating this. Be patient.

Joe

Hi

There is no upgrade file for 2.3.16 to 2.3.17 on Sourceforge. Only a full new version of 2.3.17 is available.

We do not publish differential patches, so you should just refresh whole source tree with the new files from 2.3.17 tarball (no database changes are needed).
Janusz

Since there were some glitches in the published FA v2.3.17, taking care of the new variables in the config.default.php, with no db changes needed, a FA v2.3.16 can be upgraded to the latest FA v2.3.17 with Git fixes till date updating the changed files alone.

Due to the problems found in 2.3.17 next release is planned this week.
Janusz

Thanks Janusz. The patch set has been updated as well.

Diff Files from FA v2.3.16 to FA v2.3.17 is attached herein.

Post's attachments

FA_v2.3.16_to_v2.3.17.zip 290.3 kb, 7 downloads since 2013-09-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.