Re: Report for items purchased (sorted/totaled by supplier)

The paper sizes should not be selectable in the form. This is set in the Display Setup / Preferences.

However one solution could be so have a selector for the portrait/landscape mode (just before the destination selector).

If landscape is chosen, then the column starts could just be recalculated accordingly to the new paper width.

If the report from the beginning is in landscape (custom report), then this portrait/landscape selector should not be there.

We could try to adapt this in the upcoming release 2.4, due to that all the reports have to be changed.

What do you say, guys?

/Joe

As they stand now, some of the standard reports are difficult to read because they're in portrait mode and the columns are packed close together.  Also, data for some fields gets cut off in order to fit in the space allowed on the report for that column.  So, for instance, in the GL Account Transactions report when it is printed in portrait mode for the Person/Item column for a particular inventory item purchase transaction I get this:

"Party Empire/883"

I can see by looking at that line that I bought something from "Party Empire" with a stock number starting with "883" but that vendor sells a number of items that start with "883" so I can't tell what the item is.

Now, when I flip the report to landscape mode and print the same report again, I get this in the Person/Item column:

"Party Empire/88348"

I can now see the full item number of the item, and I can tell exactly what I bought.

So, as I said earlier, having the ability to print certain reports in landscape mode instead of portrait mode would be very handy.  However, if the developers have more important things to deal with I can certainly create my own custom reports in landscape mode now that I know how to do it.  It's a bit of mucking around on my part, but it's no big deal.

So, I throw it back to you, Joe...  this feature would be very handy, but does the development team have the time/resources to do it?

I'll live with whatever is ultimately decided.  Thanks for asking my opinion!

Regards,

Chris

28 (edited by apmuthu 01/14/2013 10:55:13 am)

Yes, Joe, the fields can be spaced out intelligently - no need to scale columns like ID, Amount, and restrict scaling up from portrait to Landscape only for text fields

Also for Chris instance where his company name is quite long, the 30 character limit may not suffice - needs to be extended in atleast 2 files (for the non select textbox method as well):

access/login.inc -> Line 110
admin/create_coy.php Line 336
make maxlength from 30 to 50 atleast

Done.

I guess we are done with this topic now.

/Joe

Thanks Joe, Mer Build 3136 fixes the login company field width.

joe wrote:

Done.

I guess we are done with this topic now.

/Joe

Looks like it.  Thanks, guys, for all your effort in getting the new report working!

Regards,

Chris

Quite useful. Two questions:

a) Is there a way to have it display the line item descriptions? (right now each line shows the suppliers reference)
b) I could badly use a report that shows purchase orders (open or closed) as we regularly need to run PO reports of all PO's with suppliers (even ones not delivered yet). Is there a way to use to report and modify it to show PO's only instead of supplier invoices?

Make sure that there is enough space in the reports (forced / default landscape?) and what fields can be dispensed with and list the mockup screenshot.