Topic: Buttons missing from Sales, Purchase, etc. tables

Hi everybody. I am a new to Front Accounting. I have a new install and testing with demo data.

If I go to pretty much any page that displays a table such as: Sales>Delivery Against Sales Orders, the buttons on the right end of the table are missing, in this case, Dispatch & Edit, and I am not able to click them. Using firebug to inspect the button image produces "Failed to load the given URL". I checked and do have the actual images in the image folder.

I also found a log file that is almost 4000 lines long, all from one day. Here is the recurring error(I believe):

02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:334: include_once(./config_db.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:334: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './config_db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::session.inc:365: include_once(./config.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::session.inc:365: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(./faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::session.inc:369: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::main.inc:78: array_search() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::header.inc:58: file_get_contents(login.js) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::main.inc:67: fopen(/0/js_cache/login.js) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[02-Jan-2013 23:20:38 CST6CDT] 0::header.inc:63: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

I have the log file and screenshots available if anyone wants them.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help received.

Andrew

Re: Buttons missing from Sales, Purchase, etc. tables

This is strange. Have you looked into System Diagnostics page under Setup tab?
Janusz

Yes I have and nothing jumped out as wrong. Everything was ok or optional. The following haven't been done yet as its just a demo, I will reinstall once I am done playing with it.

1. Removed install wizard folder hasn't been removed yet.

2. Database auth file isn't read-only.

3. Main config file isn't read-only.

I didn't list all the different pages I checked but it looks like it affects any page that displays a table which it seems is quite a few.

Andrew

Yes, please try reinstall FA again. Before starting install wizard please check whether the base FA install folder is writable for www server (this check was missing in the system tests).

Janusz

Also use the later Mercurial Build version of FA from this post.

I have tried reinstalling maybe 10 times now including the later Mercurial version several times. I am now getting an 500 Internal Server Error after installation. I am not even getting to the log-in screen. This also happened before but eventually I got to the log-in. I am not sure what is going on but I will keep trying.

Ok. Finally managed to get the later Mercurial build to install and let me log in. Same problem. Thought of trying a different browser. Firefox, what I normally use, doesn't display anything, chrome, safari and opera display little square boxes with functioning links but no images. Checked the demo at frontaccounting.eu and it works fine in all browsers. Just noticed after checking the demo that I don't have any images displaying at all, including the arrows in the blue circle to the left of links on the different pages and even the front accounting logo on the log-in screen.

Not sure why I thought of it but I disabled hot link protection and the front accounting logo on the log-in screen and the arrows in blue circles appeared. Still showing after re-enabling hot link protection.

Also noticed on firefox that when the pages first load or are refreshed the square boxes display for a second before disappearing and the table cell collapses to a really narrow cell.

And here are some error messages from the server log:
[Sat Jan 05 18:13:11 2013] [error] [client xx.xxx.65.233] File does not exist: /home/artisant/public_html/fademo1/404.shtml, referer: http://fademo1.xxx.co/sales/inquiry/sales_orders_view.php?OutstandingOnly=1
[Sat Jan 05 18:13:11 2013] [error] [client xx.xxx.65.233] File does not exist: /home/artisant/public_html/fademo1/artisantool.co, referer: http://fademo1.xxx.co/sales/inquiry/sales_orders_view.php?OutstandingOnly=1

and there are more errors in the php_errorlog.txt file similar to the ones in my first post though not nearly as many.

Where have you extracted your files?

Your webroot appears to be /home/artisant/public_html

You seem to have some subdomain created for the FA install and not installed from there.

Try the url http://www.xxx.co/fademo1

My files are in /home/artisant/public_html/fademo1 and the subdomain points to the same folder.

I have removed the subdomain and tried navigating directly to the subfolder which gets me to the FA login screen. Logging in results in a page not found error. If I refresh the page I get to the dashboard. I will try reinstalling without the subdomain to see if this issue resolves itself. Does FA not support subdomains? It's not a big issue if it doesn't, just wondering.

More importantly my original issue seems to be resolved! Thank you everyone for your help.

The subdomain is okay, but actual folder path needs to be set if not correctly determined by the program.

...actual folder path needs to be set if not correctly determined by the program.

Does the folder path need to be set somewhere other than in cPanel?

Ok so I reinstalled everything and I am still getting a page not found error when logging in. Refreshing the page lets gets me to the log-in screen. Have some errors in the log file that look similar to the earlier ones:

[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::frontaccounting.php:22: include_once(./installed_extensions.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::frontaccounting.php:22: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './installed_extensions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::language.php:15: include_once(./lang/installed_languages.inc) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::language.php:15: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './lang/installed_languages.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:334: include_once(./config_db.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:334: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './config_db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:343: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:364: include_once(./config.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:364: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:368: include_once(./faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::session.inc:368: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::current_user.inc:579: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] ::current_user.inc:579: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::session.inc:416: include_once(./company/0/installed_extensions.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::session.inc:416: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './company/0/installed_extensions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear')
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::hooks.inc:201: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::main.inc:78: array_search() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::header.inc:58: file_get_contents(login.js) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::main.inc:67: fopen(/0/js_cache/login.js) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[10-Jan-2013 21:17:26 CST6CDT] 0::header.inc:63: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

13 (edited by apmuthu 01/11/2013 05:28:04 am)

The main FA index.php first includes the file includes/session.inc that has a set of functions and some inline code. The first part of the inlince code in includes/session.inc is at Lines 307-310:

if (!isset($path_to_root))
{
    $path_to_root = ".";
}

It is possible that this may have to be hardcoded in your specific case (possibly due to symlinking by the cPanel) to be:

if (!isset($path_to_root))
{
    $path_to_root = "/home/artisant/public_html/fademo1";
}

Note that there is no trailing slash.

14 (edited by ed10 01/29/2013 08:42:40 pm)

Hi:

I get this from our server in the frontaccounting errors.log:
[29-Jan-2013 20:04:26 UTC] 0:sally:session.inc:368: include_once(): Failed opening '../../faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')

I have several users on the server using FA and only this one user caused the error in the log.  Also I have the same setup on my box as a testing box for the code and no such error here either only one user on the live server.

Why would only one user cause the error?  What can I do to fix it?

forgot to say using ver .14

Thanks,

ed10

It is possible that your folder permissions failed to allow the webserver process to create the said file. Just create a an empty faillog.php file in the webroot with permissions and ownerships that allow the webserver to write to it.