Topic: Mobile plugin

Hello,
I have read that it is important to install the Mobile plugin with a clean installation of FA, before apply any modification ...
What does it mean?
I noticed there are very few comments on Mobile plugin ... It seems not very used ... Is that a clue?
Thanks

Re: Mobile plugin

I'm not sure what you are talking about, this is not official plugin. I guess you can find more info where you have read about it.
Janusz

Thanks Janusz,

I am very interested in Mobile functions ... I have researched and noticed that even other EPR don't talk much about that ... I expected everybody talking about going Mobile and plenty of Apple or Android apps ... Even for iPad, I have checked Apple Store and there is not a good system with app for mobile usage ...

Now here is the question: hopefully u have more experience, u said this plugin in not official ... Is there any other option I could research?

Many thanks

Vito

Please make a search in the forums. I guess AntErp has some solutions.

/Joe

Thanks Joe,

i did research on the forum and i did find more info on  AntErp Mobile plugin

but i went back on the FA website and i noticed that we are talking about the same

Hi Vdonatiello,

The Mobile plugin was developed by me. Anyway, I am using jquery mobile which is totally different technology from FrontAccounting. By using REST API to call and retrieve FrontAccounting data and populate into the mobile version.

If you are interested with mobile plugin, you can downloads a copy and further extends your development to suites your need. it will be great to share with our community if you have extends it.  Thanks you very much.

Cheers,

tclim

Hello tclim,

congratulations for your contribution!

as per your instruction, i read carefully the included PDF file and i am wondering about this :

"We assume that you have install a new version of FrontAccounting 2.3.4 / 2.3.5 / 2.3.6 /2.3.7 without any modification. If you have make any modification on FrontAccounting, please DO NOT overwrite any files in your local copy. You need to contact us for your installation process"

what does it mean? i have to install Mobile plugin only with a fresh virgin FA before i insert data such clients, products ...

many thanks

Vito

hello tclim,

sorry to keep bothering you ... i am still wondering about how installing the Mobile plugin ...

today i tried few times to install the FA and i failed so i am taking a break until the next attempt ...

i have been reading on your instruction that it is best to install with a fresh installation of FA before modifying files ... what does it mean exactly? do i have to install now, before i will start the setup of FA, before is start inserting Company, Products, etc.???

if i install now, together with a fresh copy of FA, do i have to add some folder (such as HTTP, Zend, mobile) and overwrite some files )such as sales/include/db/client...)???

thanks for taking the time to make it clear

Vito

Hi Vdonatiello,

Sorry for the very late replied. I was replied your email last week. But anyway, I will also reply you over here. The last version of Mobile Edition will support FA 2.3.7. There are some core files change which may conflict with the latest FA version.

My reply to your in email:

A) Basically, this Mobile Plugin is 100% written from scratch. You can plugin into your existing FrontAccounting if you match exactly the same FrontAccounting versioning. For example: FA 2.3.7 (My last released). Now, FA already go ahead to FA 2.3.12. There are so many version behind. The best you want to test it out is just downloads the previous FrontAccounting 2.3.7 and use the ftp to migrate all Mobile Plugin files into FA 2.3.7 directly without changes any line of code. Notes: (This is for your testing purpose only)

You can install this Mobile Plugin before or after running your FA. Your data will remain the same in your database. No overwrite, no changes, and nothing touch on your database. The only changes is overwrite the files in FA. So, I encourage people who wish to use just BACKUP your data before you deployed. Anything happen, just rollback to the previous backup version will do. It will back to normal.

b) Based on FA 2.3.7, you are safe to deployed the Mobile Plugin and overwrite the files. As I said, please BACKUP your existing FA before you deployed. Restore it if you don't like the Mobile Plugin. You are back to normal.

The Reason I didn't continue with this projects is because I have no funds and resources to maintain it. It is good if you have developers who can help you to extends it and it will be very helpful. Hope you understand it.

Cheers,

tclim