Topic: Install/Activate Extensions, Theme, Chart of Accounts not working

Hi,

I've installed FA 2.3.11 on Windows 7 machine running Apache and MySql. Installation without any error, running perfectly fine, no problem at all. Only problem is none of the following options are working under Setup/Maintenance
  Create/Update Companies
  Install/Update Languages
  Install/Activate Extensions
  Install/Activate Themes
  Install/Activate Chart of Accounts

When I click any of the above option I get error:
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I don't know the reason as everything else is working perfectly fine, except for above. I am able to access internet from the browser and I am logged in as admin.

Please help.

Thanks

Parag

2 (edited by sator 10/05/2012 02:54:24 am)

Re: Install/Activate Extensions, Theme, Chart of Accounts not working

I'm trying to install frontaccounting version 2.3.12 with xampplite (win32-1.7.3) when I select the options: Install additional language packs from FA repository and Install additional COAs  from FA repository. I get the error “Install additional language packs from FA repository”. I realize that solution was found in the post https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=10098#p10098, please share it. Ask to littlez and itronics, they know how to solve this problem.

php.ini needs to be edited to enable openssl and Apache restarted.
Connection to internet is essential so that COAs and other goodies can be downloaded from the frontaccounting.eu repos.

It was first that I did, but it still does not work.
frontaccounting.eu is currently down for maintenance.
Thanks a lot

Repo is active anyway all the time. What do you see on System Diagnostics page regarding openssl extension?
Janusz

I am having the same problem.
Everything is ok on System Diagnostic page.

We can do nothing about this until we have enough information about your environment.
What browsers on which system you have tried? What error messages you see when you have set go_debug=1? Is openssl extension switched on in your php.ini file?

Janusz

Hi Janusz,

I installed FA on another pc.
Everything is ok.

Thanks.

I am getting the exact same error. OpenSSL is open and working. The Diagnostics page reports no errors. I started using a Windows 7 machine and just installed Xampp server and ran FrontAccounting through xampp's defaults. Everytime i clicked on any of the install links it would crash apache. Xampp would restart the service. I noticed other users stated they used a different computer so i formated the machine i was using and installed Windows 2003 server as another attempt. I setup xampp again and i still received the same problem and apache is crashed and restarted in the process. In fact the xampp install shows multiple ports (main 2 show as 80 and 443). When you click on the install links a bunch of 1000-1300 ports are accessed (i can only assume OpenSSL) while ports 80 and 443 are either dropped or not shown. I decided to see if xampp is the problem so i deleted the entire xampp and installed Uniform Server. Uniform server's default settings are set for openssl as on for the default. FrontAccounting install listed no problems. On this install Uniform Server does not show any errors, but it performs the same actions when clicking on any of the install links. I don't seem to lose apache server, but either way i cant use this software if I click a link and it thrashes my webserver. I understand that it could be settings, but this is the equivalent and a self destruct button because FA doesn't get what it's looking for or my webserver doesn't understand it.

The only errors appearing in the log file are listed below. I attempted to see if the PEAR directory was a problem and changed various links within the xampp settings, but in the end nothing worked. This is very frustrating as I was going to demo the software, but the errors make it unusable in any enviroment. I am at a point where i will dump FA if i cannot fix this issue. I really would like to give it a try and support the community, so if you have any ideas on where to start, please send them my way.

ERROR FILE LISTED BELOW:
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:04 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(./faillog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[19-Nov-2012 17:27:04 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(): Failed opening './faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/UniServer/home/us_pear/PEAR')

[19-Nov-2012 17:27:04 Europe/London] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[19-Nov-2012 17:27:12 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(./faillog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[19-Nov-2012 17:27:12 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(): Failed opening './faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/UniServer/home/us_pear/PEAR')

[19-Nov-2012 17:27:12 Europe/London] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

Please note i have recreated this problem numerous time and with different XAMP installs (XAMPP and UNIFORM SERVER). All versions provided beyond the required installation versions of their respective software. I have also had this problem occur in versions 2.3.13 and 2.3.12 of FrontAccounting.

I install the version 2.3.13 in Windows 7 64 bit with Xampp 1.8.1.
I have the same problem. when I try to Install:
  Install/Update Languages
  Install/Activate Themes
  Install/Activate Chart of Accounts
DO NOTHINGS

If I use the version 2.3.1 in the same machine all is OK.

My System Diagnotic is OK.

Some one fix this problem?

Thanks,

Rodrigo Cuadra

Hi to All

This is my first time to contribute on this forum, I would like to thank the community and the developers for their great job. I have used this app for about a year now and it is working great.

I have been digging for solutions to this problem. The problem was not with FA. It is with the build of XAMPP 1.8.1 Win and PHP extension OpenSSL.  After I did what was mentioned on this forum http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=198725&sid=b17ef662295130cbc7fbe462be95f652. every thing starts to work fine.

Thanx,

mekonen

Thank you very much for this info. Hopefuly you have made happy Windows users' life easier smile.

Janusz

Wikiied as a prequisite for installation.

Hi, just downloaded frontaccounting, and begin installation but i'm getting this error:
Cannot download repo index file.
I have no problems with the preliminary requirements page, the only thing is that I'm behind a proxy, does this affect me?, I can install the aplication without problems but i need to set it up in another languaje

Check file/directory write permissions (displayed on system diagnostic page). You can also add all the translations later, when you have FA installed and running.

hai...

I just installed FA 2.3.16 but when I try to install/activate the Languages, Extensions, Themes, and Chart of Accounts there are nothing happen.

I tried the "mekonen"'s ways, but its not work for me...

the browser always say "The connection was reset" (I tried with Firefox 22.0 and Google Chrome 27.0.1453.116) what can I do for this problem ?

thanks

myname wrote:

hai...

I just installed FA 2.3.16 but when I try to install/activate the Languages, Extensions, Themes, and Chart of Accounts there are nothing happen.

I tried the "mekonen"'s ways, but its not work for me...

the browser always say "The connection was reset" (I tried with Firefox 22.0 and Google Chrome 27.0.1453.116) what can I do for this problem ?

thanks

hallo ... any body here??? smile

I had the same problem with the installs and I finally solved it (at least on my system).
I use XAMPP 1.7.7. and I noticed in php.info that OpenSSL Library Version and OpenSSL Header Version are incompatable. This is causing the Apache server to shut down and restart (with "[notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting." in the Apache error log) and, in some cases, also producing a Windows error message, saying something like "Shutting down httpd.exe".
Anyway, the solution is really simple. Rename libeay32.ddl and ssleay32.dll in the \xampp\apache\bin folder. Copy \xampp\php\libeay32.ddl and ssleay32.dll to \xampp\apache\bin.
Restart Apache and the installs are working as they should.
I believe this also applies to a few other XAMPP versions.

Related Post

Wiki Pre-requisites section has the necessary notes.

I install the version 2.3.22 in on Linux web server.
I have the same problem. when I try to Install:

ita works fine but after successfully activating all extensions
i m unable to use it   
My System Diagnotic is OK.
Some one fix this problem?
Thanks,
Arjav Shah

The bug in the Activate extensions that has been rectified in v2.3.22 itself.

Further update by overwriting with the changed files.

The recommended fix did not solve the Install/Activate problem for me.  I originally was running:

• Ubuntu Server 14.0.4 (LTS)

• Apache2 (2.4.7-1ubuntu4.1)

• Mysql 5.5 (5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)

• PHP5 (5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.5)

• Frontaccounting (2.3.22)

I noted the exact same behavior as discussed earlier, though even the go_debug = 2 had errors of its own that didn't appear on the page.  The errors involved aren't particularly important, however, because I tried the same Frontaccounting install on Debian 7.7 and had no issues at all:

• Debian Server 7.7

• Apache2 (2.2.22-13+deb7u3)

• Mysql 5.5 (5.5.40-0+wheezy1)

• PHP5 (5.4.35-0+deb7u2)

• Frontaccounting (2.3.22)

Perhaps this could be a PHP 5.5 issue?  I did notice getting errors on the Ubuntu install that gzopen() wasn't a known function, even though phpinfo() showed zlib installed.

Each PHP build, not necessarily based on version alone, will have different default php modules/extensions installed or enabled. A check on php -m would reveal all those available to it and a comparision will possibly reveal the lack of gzopen() function.

The PHP 5.5 gzopen() bug is quite well alluded to in stackoverflow.com and other public forums.

http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=20246
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217927

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php5/+bug/432291/comments/7

The bug is NOT zlib link problem because it can open gz files with "fopen" for example:

<?php
$gzfile = fopen("compress.zlib://hello.txt.gz", "w");
fwrite($gzfile, "hello world!");
fclose($gzfile);
?>

is work well on released binaries. BUT "gzopen" is not defined in php5 binaries it cannot run:

<?php
$data = "Hello World!";
$gzfile = gzopen("hello.txt.gz", "w9");
gzwrite($gzfile, $data);
gzclose($gzfile);
?>

configure php with the --with-zlib=yes option and for 64 bit systems check if gzopen64() exists and possibly either do a search and replace in the FA code or create an alias function / wrapper for it:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23417519/php-zlib-gzopen-not-exists

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-function-is-disabled-abort-expected-gzopen-updraft

"because of large file support, gzopen() has been replaced by gzopen64()"
Link: http://www.dotdeb.org/2012/03/01/php-5-4-0-preview-packages/#comment-23656

Looks like the gzopen() function is no longer available on new versions..

how to active SSL option during installation of front accounting ?