Topic: Customizing FA to use FIFO Costing Method

Hello,

I want to start a small project to customize FA to use FIFO costing method instead of the current Average Costing method. Before I came across FA, I was working on a personal ERP project which used FIFO costing method, but there wasn't so many features as a lot was still in an early stage.

FA is quite an amazing product and I believe most people would agree with me that using FIFO on FA would be a big bonus.

I have tried to look deep into the source code to see how this can be done, but would also like to hear anything from anyone who have tried to accomplish the same or who can probably suggest some hints on how this can be done.

Is there anything like a centralized place where all costing for items is calculated? This could be a good starting point.

Any comments, views, suggestions etc are highly welcome.

Re: Customizing FA to use FIFO Costing Method

No, unfortunatelly there is no central point for cost calculations in FA for now. If you are determined to improve this part of application please do not hesitate to join developers mailing list. This is best place for sharing new development ideas, you can also ask other active developers about FA internals if you are not sure about some design aspects.

Janusz

Thanks,

Could you provide info on how to join the mailing list?

Also, I would like to know if there is any official partnership program.

Ben

Subscription details you will find here. Regarding partnership do not hesitate to contact us by email e.g. via mailing list.
Janusz

Thanks!

Is there any module add-on for using FIFO Costing Method in FA for now? Because planning to use FA but the FIFO Costing Method is important for us.

No, unfortunately not as of today.
Janusz