Topic: report in excel error

I run report to pdf is ok, but not for excel (contain unreadable characters), I used utf-8 for Vietnamese. Strange that it did well some day ago. but not now.
Please help.
I can send you the excel report sample but don't know what support email to send.

Re: report in excel error

Did you download a new excel_report.inc from /reporting/includes/ the other day?

We did a decode of &amp (to &) characters.

If you did, you might try to experiment with various decoding functions in PHP. I don't have your environment available here.

The decoding should be placed in the function TextCol on line 524 as the first line in the function:

$txt = html_entity_decode($txt);

and in the function TextCol2 on line 557 as the first line in the function.

/Joe

Dear Joe,
What are various decoding functions in PHP? Could you show me so that i can try one by one please, because i am not good in coding.
Is there some way else to solve this?
Thanks

Well, it doesn't seem to be an html_entiry_decode problem you have. I don't have this environment as you have. maybe someone else in the community can help here.

/Joe

It seems to be an encoding problem in the utf8 language conversion.

Is your system environment not in windows but in linux?

Joe has made fixes in excel reporting in 2.2.10. Have you this (or newer) version installed?
Janusz

PS Joe is running FA on Win.
J

7 (edited by saeed 01/31/2012 10:05:26 am)

i am using Version 2.3.2 Build 13.01.2012 and i found the same problem in my excel report it is actully occuring automatically every thing was fine few weaks ago.

Can some one help me as i have to customized some reports after converting it in excel..

Your release is rather old. Maybe try to update to a newer release.

/Joe