1 (edited by ScriptBASIC 10/27/2021 05:33:01 am)

Topic: Windows 10 - XAMPP - No Graphics *RESOLVED*

I installed FA under Windows 10 Pro using the latest XAMPP 64 install. I don't seem to be getting dashboard graphics using the DropDown theme. It works fine on my Linux Ubuntu install.

What library or code am I missing under Windows that XAMPP isn't providing?

Update

I had install virgin 2.4.10 on another Windows 10 laptop a short while ago. The graphics are working. The latest install is from my repo of FA that has all the current fixes. The new install is using PHP 8.0.12 while the older install in running PHP 7.3.31.

Update II

I installed the latest 2.4.10 from my repo onto the older laptop running PHP 7.3.31 and the graphics are working. It seems this is a PHP 8.0.12 issue.

Update III

I tried to copy the php directory from the working PHP7 laptop to the new install. XAMMP wouldn't start Apache using that version of PHP.  sad

XAMPP is currently distributing PHP 8.0.12 with their install.

Re: Windows 10 - XAMPP - No Graphics *RESOLVED*

Still fa has not fully updated to work on php 8 version.  Stay with php7.4 till FA is ready to use.  And also you can keep veriso  8 as well and test the fa performance and feed back us to fix it

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

3 (edited by ScriptBASIC 10/26/2021 06:32:44 am)

I have both PHP 7.3.31 and 8.0.13 version of FA installed on two laptops. So far I've only noticed the graphics not displaying while everything else seems to work.

Looking forward to seeing a fix for PHP 8.

@ScriptBASIC,

I have php 8.0.12 (x86) installed on a WAMP Server (Windows 10 Home). The graphics are just looking fine here.

Please set the $go_debug flag to 2  in the file, config.php, for catching any errors, and report back to us. Thanks in advance.

/Joe

5 (edited by ScriptBASIC 10/27/2021 05:19:16 am)

Hi Joe,

exception_handler((Error Object))

Unhandled exception [0]: Call to undefined function imageftbbox(). in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\reporting\includes\class.graphic.inc at line 1220

I thought I made the change from imagetftbbox to imagetftbox. I will have to look at the source and my repo.

I change it to imagetftbox and it's still returning the same error.

Unhandled exception [0]: Call to undefined function imagetftbox(). in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\reporting\includes\class.graphic.inc at line 1220

This comment was in the PHP docs.

This function is only available if PHP is compiled with freetype support (--with-freetype-dir=DIR)

My PHP Information

Where can I download a PHP 8.0.12 binary set that will work with FA? It seems XAMPP has dropped GD support in their latest release.

Love the debug option. Thanks for that tip!

Update

I noticed in the php.ini the GD extension was remarked out. Enabled it and phpinfo now shows GD enabled. The graphics still aren't working in FA. sad

extension=gd

gd

GD Support => enabled
GD Version => bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
FreeType Support => enabled
FreeType Linkage => with freetype
FreeType Version => 2.9.1
GIF Read Support => enabled
GIF Create Support => enabled
JPEG Support => enabled
libJPEG Version => 9 compatible
PNG Support => enabled
libPNG Version => 1.6.34
WBMP Support => enabled
XPM Support => enabled
libXpm Version => 30512
XBM Support => enabled
WebP Support => enabled
BMP Support => enabled
TGA Read Support => enabled

Directive => Local Value => Master Value
gd.jpeg_ignore_warning => 1 => 1

gettext

GetText Support => enabled

Here is my current go_debug=2 log.

Debug Error Log

Success !

$p = imageftbbox($size, 0, $this->fontfile, $string);

Adding the extra b got it to work once I enabled the GD extension. (disable in XAMPP by default)

This was fixed in the repo on 2021-10-11 after the 2.4.10 release.

But thanks for your investigation. It is of great value to XAMP users.

Joe