1 (edited by jlinkels 01/24/2014 04:03:59 pm)

Topic: Transactions not showing in GL and general reports (DUTCH COA)

FA version 2.3.19

I am using the Dutch COA. This is what is happening.

I make a transaction on Dec 20, 2013.
Active period Jan 1, 2013 until Dec 31, 2013.
Transaction is memorial booking:
1000 Kas                                             100
A/ 1695 R/C Aandeelhouder                            100

Transaction is recorded correctly, journal entry is OK etc. No problem.

Then I do this:
Tab: Bank & GL
GL -> GL Transactions
Enter Starting date: 01/12/2013
Enter Reproting date: 31/01/2014
From Account 110 Concessies, vergunningen
Until Account  6099 Overboekingsrekeing fabricagerekening

Now ONLY the transaction on account 1695 shows up.
The transaction on acct. 1000 does NOT show up.
Actually, reporting starts at 1300 Handelsdebiteuren.

However, when I enter this account range:
From Account 1000 Kas
Until Account  6099 Overboekingsrekeing fabricagerekening

The transaction on acct 1000 DOES show up.

So the transaction is there, the report is there. It is only highly dependent on the range you request. It seems something weird is happening in the query, that 110 is considered larger than 1000 or so.

Now another problem is that this only happens in my production database. I have a test database, which I created in the very beginning of installation. At the same time I created the production database. But I did not change any accounts or made any accounts inactive. The Dutch COA is installed. This test database DOES show a transaction on acct 1000 when I set the acct range from 110 to 6099.

Since this is hard to reproduce on a different database, I am willing to send my production database to whoever wants to dig into this problem.

I am totally lost, and this is highly awkward because it looks like no transactions were made on certain accounts.

jlinkels

Re: Transactions not showing in GL and general reports (DUTCH COA)

Hello jlinkels,

Well everything is working correctly.

You see, the account numbers are so called alphanumeric (not numeric), that is to say that account 110 is grater than account 1000.

So this is the reason for the behaviour. Just remember this, and you will have no problems in the future.

Joe

Re: Transactions not showing in GL and general reports (DUTCH COA)

I am sure it took you much less time to write this answer than me trying to figure out what was going on. smile

I am so happy that this was a misinterpretation on my side and not something inconsistent.

Oh, and I found out also why the test database did show the all the accounts. In the test database the first account starts at 100.

In the production database I recently set acct 100 to inactive, hence the first account was 110.

Thanks for your extremely fast reply.

jlinkels