Topic: Unable to email Purchase Order

When I click Email this Order, I get the following error: PURCHASE ORDER 5. Sending document by email failed. Email: rshomper@dandh.com

I am running Version 2.3.17

Re: Unable to email Purchase Order

See if any php script can send email from your server - try it in CLI too. Possible solutions will have to use SMTP email relay or authenticated webmail relay of proper config of the sendmail / php.

It looks like I will have to use SMTP email.  I have an SMTP email server running.  How do I configure FrontAccounting to use SMTP?

Refer the wiki for EMail Issues.

I read that page and it didn't help me at all.  I am not familiar with php programming.

Joe, it would be better to introduce some SMTP email variables in the config file that can get propagated to the mail class to sort out such issues. Otherwise, those in the "not familiar with php" will be leftout.

Alternatively, anyone willing to sponsor the development of a PHPMailer class integration into FA - it may bloat the FA size a bit though even if those classes alone are "included".

FrontAccounting (like most php applications) depend on proper mail configuration on your box. Most of Linux based installations does not require any special settings (all is confiured once during OS/mail system installation). If you are working on Windowz box, you will probably have to adjust some settings in your php.ini file (see here). If you don't know where to find/how to change php.ini file - call for help your system administrator.
Janusz

8 (edited by crspencer@sol-tech.co 09/17/2013 09:26:41 pm)

I think I have the php.ini file fixed I have it set to use smtp, other php programs can successfully send email, but I am still getting this error in yellow:

PURCHASE ORDER 6. Sending document by email failed. Email: crsalessmbpartner1b@techdata.com

Is there a way I can tell why it failed?

Also, I am running FA on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Try to debug the portion that makes the mail content and see if it is delivering it to sendmail. Also check for errors in the apache error log.

I don't use sendmail or apache.