1 (edited by chrison 01/07/2013 09:59:02 pm)

Topic: Invoice # Not Incrementing, No Customers in Direct Invoice Entry

Hi, All!

I installed FA yesterday and, thus far, I'm pretty darned impressed.  NICE stuff, folks!  However, I have run into two problems in entering direct invoices that have me stumped:

1.  The invoice number isn't automatically incrementing.  Every time I enter a new direct invoice, the number defaults to what I put in the forms setup screen so I have to manually enter the next invoice number.

2.  Just now, all of the customers have disappeared in the "direct invoice" and "add/manage customers" screens.  The customer records are still in fl_debtors_master (I checked using phpMyAdmin), the invoices are showing up in "print invoices", and the transactions are all in the GL (I can see them in the GL Transaction Listing).  However, the "customer" drop-down boxes in the "direct invoice" is blank and in the "add/manage customers" screens it only show "New customer."  Btw, I checked "show inactive" in the "add/manage" customers screen and it still displays only "New customer."  Also, I logged-off and logged back in, but it's still happening.

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  It appears the disappearing customers problem is larger than just customers.  I just noticed that items are not showing up either.  So, obviously, this is a more general problem rather than an A/R problem.  Sorry that I didn't post this in the setup forum, but let's see if it can get solved here.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Re: Invoice # Not Incrementing, No Customers in Direct Invoice Entry

1. You can increase the number reference counter for invoices in Setup tab, forms setup.

2. Check that you haven't checked the search customer/items list in Setup tab, company setup.

You can learn more about searching customer/items/suppliers here:

Search customer

/Joe

Re: Invoice # Not Incrementing, No Customers in Direct Invoice Entry

joe wrote:

1. You can increase the number reference counter for invoices in Setup tab, forms setup.

I updated the field in the forms setup and now the direct invoices are auto-incrementing correctly.  I'm not sure why/how it stopped, but it's working now.

joe wrote:

2. Check that you haven't checked the search customer/items list in Setup tab, company setup.

Okay, I unchecked all of the search buttons in company setup, and now everything has reappeared.

joe wrote:

You can learn more about searching customer/items/suppliers here:

Search customer

/Joe

Thanks for that link.  That page (and the Wiki in general) is very helpful!

I've run across another problem, but will post a new message so that the topic is relevant.  Thanks SO much for your help, Joe!

Regards,

Chris