1 (edited by apmuthu 11/14/2012 07:26:46 am)

Topic: FA v2.3.12 released

FrontAccounting v2.3.12 has been released over the weekend and since the primary site is not fully updated, the links are as follows:

Mercurial Dev

Bug Reporting

Download Page

FA Mercurial Usage on Wiki

Please note that the forum post on CAPTCHA integration needs to be modified to suit the new login failed attempts delay feature in this version.

Please see this forum post on same database usage vulnerability and fixes.

Snapshots as on 14th Nov 2012 (Mercurial Build 3099) are available: v2.3.12+ and v2.4a. Please test them extensively to obtain a bug free next release. Those who want to install only the 46 files that have changed in Mercurial Build 3099 since the release of v2.3.12 can take them from the attachment herein. The changes in config.default.php need to be made in the existing config.php file.

Post's attachments

frontac_v2.3.12_to_Mer_3099.zip 203 kb, 6 downloads since 2012-11-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by apmuthu 11/14/2012 07:40:48 am)

Re: FA v2.3.12 released

Changes upto 2012-11-14 / Mercurial 3099 since release of FA v2.3.12

FA Branch: default

• Prevent 'Page expired' messages when 'Back' link is used after login.

• Cleanup in includes/curent_user.inc and includes/session.inc

• Fixed small bug in mail class, added text/hmtl mime type.

• Dimensions not utilized in Direct Invoice/Delivery

• Sales quotation and Sales order should not require sufficient stock.

• Fixed confirmation on ajax reloaded buttons (small fix for Gecko like browsers).

• 0001879,0001880: Fixes in htaccess constraints, restricting System Diagnostic view to admin (ApMuthu)

• Fixed error messages on Sales Groups, updated gettext template.

• Improved error checking during extension packages installation.

• Fixed error message in recurrent invoices.

• Replaced the transaction list in attachments with a pager and made the sorting descent.

• Filter for non-zero values in Bank Statement Report

• Removed commented deprecated Session_register().

• Db error in invoice.ui.inc for certain MySql setup/releases.

• Db error in po_entry_items.php was already fixed. Look at the line below.

• Cannot insert a supplier transaction record in Direct Supplier Invoice (certain MySql versions and setup).

• Date format helper complete.

• Purchase order/Direct GRN/Direct Invoice showed inactive items in item list.

• Small fix and rerun of inserts.js.

• Fixed date_fix to act like before. day and day-month entrance only.

• Bug in function is_date when implementing new date formats.

• Moved declaration of short monthnames from config.default.php. Too early for translations.

• Minor improvement to add_days/months/years for the new dateformats.

• 0001806: Date problems fixed and new date formats MmmDDYYYY, DDMmmYYYY and YYYYMmmDD implemented.

• Fixed void_stock_move() to avoid sparse lines in Inventory Items Movements register after DN edition.

• Having memo or comment displayed on bank_inquiry.php.

• Improved headers in printing Purchase Orders.

• Moved access functions from renderer to current_user. They were cluttered into all themes.

• Invalid input description in account groups for account class parameter.

• Cleanup in check_faillog().

• 0001792: BLOOMBERG added to Exchange Rate Providers and config and fixed

Yes, maybe it is time for a new minor release.

Joe

Yes. A possible mailout from the Forum / Wiki to all users about a new release may quicken adoption of latest codebase. If the GitHub model is chosen, then we can avoid releases itself and have it downloadable therefrom - even the Mercurial does have snapshots download possible but is yet to be enabled in FA's Mercurial.

Please look into subsequent additions to Open Bug 1785 - I am having to manually update code each time - the negative values are not so much the issue. The optional avoidance of the faillog is nice besides the ability to take values after a delayed include.

Also please look into whether Fix in Open Bug 1858 can be accepted.

Anybody interested can subscribe to frontaccounting-cvs_updates mailing list to be notfied on every change in FA codebase. Another mailing list is available where every FA release is announced. I'm not sure we should disturb users sending mass mail from wiki/forum.

Bug 1785 has been fixed, the other one have to wait for 2.4 (our policy forbid database changes in minor releases).

Janusz

Thanks Janusz, the OpenVZ template is now in synch with the FA codebase except for the db fix in Mantis Issue 1758.

I installed the v2.3.12 update but now when I go to make a customer payment the Customer Payment Entry page does not allow me to pull up any customers as I did before. When I go to type in their name when I hit enter the "From Customer" field disappears and will not allow me to try again or pull up any customer names. Was something changed with this update that caused this? How can I fix this quickly? Does anyone else have this problem?

8 (edited by apmuthu 01/19/2013 01:08:46 am)

First of all you are using a very old update now that FA v2.3.14 has been released.

Your issue is that you need to uncheck the Search boxes in the middle of the right side in the page Setup -> Company Setup.

The screenshot is here.

Please refer the Wiki first and trawl the forum to minimize support issues.