Topic: Error when changing from Direct GRN to Direct Invoice

After I have entered a Direct GRN and have moved to the Direct Invoice page when I try to add the item I sometimes get the following message:

'This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab. You cannot edit more than one sales document at once.'

It does not show this message every time but it has happened at least four times since I upgraded to the latest version. I have to re-select the Direct Invoice option again and then it starts to work.

I am running Firefox 3.6.13 in Ubuntu.

Re: Error when changing from Direct GRN to Direct Invoice

I am still getting this error when going Direct GRN to Direct Invoice and it seems to take about three attempts before I am able to add an invoice.

I am not doing anything differently from the previous version of the software and my computer set up is exactly the same as well.

This issue does not appear on the demo version (Version 2.3.0 Build 12.12.2010) on this site though.

I can't reproduce the problem. Where you have encountered this problem? The message is used only in sales module while Direct GRN is placed in Purchasing.
Janusz

I get the same error when creating a sales order, a few days ago worked normally.
here is the error message with go_debug = 2

This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab. You cannot edit more than one sales document at once.
D:\nginx\html\frontaccount\sales\includes\sales_ui.inc:50:     display_error('This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab. You cannot edit more than one sales document at once.')
D:\nginx\html\frontaccount\sales\sales_order_entry.php:228:     check_edit_conflicts()

running winxp, nginx 0.93 ,php5.3.4 , mysql 5.1.54

5 (edited by kerrsmith 01/05/2011 08:30:26 pm)

The message appears once I have done a Direct GRN and then started to add a Direct Invoice.

As soon as I type the code and tab out of the field or select an item from the drop down for the Direct Invoice and it looks like it is starting to look up the price/stock but it suddenly jumps to a screen with the message.

So far it has done it every time I have done this process.

Is there any update on this issue?

I have the same error message and have not been able to fix it so far.

"This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab"

I get this message either way, if I try to add a new Direct Invoice, or if I go back to add a new Quotation Entry.

Seems to me somewhat strange, as I was checking the session information and it changes frequently, but only the last couple of characters.
The check_edit_conflicts() function is comparing the cart_id and they don't match anymore, but I haven't changed windows/tabs or another session open at all. I also tried to eliminate cookie information and start from scratch with new session at all, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions ....

I still cannot reproduce the problem.
@kerrsmith:
Which one Direct Invoice option you use: on sales or purchasing side?
@all:
Do you encounter the problem also when testing this scenario on our demo server (demo.frontaccounting.eu)?

Janusz

8 (edited by khanhtoan 05/27/2011 02:16:26 pm)

I have the same issue too.
Janusz, you should do some action in/out for some time in direct Invoice form then the issue will be appear.
Thnks,

I see this was never really resolved here. I'm having the same issue, though I don't see any relation to the GRN. Often on a sales invoice, I get this same error without opening any other tabs. I'm running xampp on windows XP with Apache 2.2.21 and PHP 5.3.8
We run a retail store, so we use the sales invoice frequently and this is becoming quite a nuisance.

Thank you for any help,
-Joshua

since 2009 until today this issue never solve.

Any update? Please I have same problem.

As you can see this issue appears occasionally on some unidentified configurations, while all works right for all other users. We cannot reproduce this problem on our testing configurations, so you are probably on your own.

Please test on fresh install using later Mercurial Build version from this post and see if the problem occurs.

Cayrol,
It seems to be something in the way the Windows version of the server handles sessions that conflicts with FA. I've moved my setup to a Linux server and haven't had the problem show up any more.

-Joshua