1 (edited by fcarll 12/15/2023 03:06:35 pm)

Topic: Upgrading Front Accounting

I have been using FA for a couple of years now and have been very impressed with its functions and features. I wish to commend and thank the developers for their fine efforts.

As time has passed, different versions of FA have been made available. However, to me, the mechanism for upgrading has been confusing at best with comparisons of different files, install a "new" version and import data from a backup, or overwrite the old files with the new.

I have opted to simply overwrite the files from Ver 2.14.17 over the 2.14.15 files. However, I'm not sure if the update is in effect because the footer shows Ver 2.14.15 when I log into the program.

Using the following guide:   https://frontaccounting.com/wbt/pages/download/update-guide.php

I should be able to comment out "$version variable in config.php" to show the current release. However, there isn't a "version" variable in the config.php.  There is a "build_version" only.

So.... If there is a simple update process, would someone please spell it out?  [At least for relatively recent installations.]

Thanks     Frank Carll

Re: Upgrading Front Accounting

check version.php file.

Thanks for the reply. When I check version.php it shows as 2.14.17 leading me to believe and accept that I was successful in updating FA.

However, when I am using FA, at the bottom of the main screens, "FrontAccounting 2.4.15 - Theme: default-" is displayed suggesting that the update didn't take effect.

Frank

Navigate to Setup => Company Preferences and in the left side bottom check if the DB version is:
Database Scheme Version    2.4.1

This setting comes from the #_sys_prefs table "value: field for "name" field = version_id.

Then check your database schema and settings / constants in the your database with the schema sql of the Chart of Accounts used and make the necessary changes to match the version you used. All CoAs are for the install are in the sql folder. Also see if the version numbers match the ones in the "installed_extensions.php file if they were added from withing the UI.

After you have updated the core FA files, navigate to Setup => Software Upgrade and see if all is okay.

Post's attachments

Setup-Software_Upgrade.png 7.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

FRONT ACCOUNTING IS AMAZING I have been using for 2 years and it quite great!

Can you help, i want to have an inventory report that give the sum total number of item qty sold, per month

Sample:
date: jan 1- 31 jan
branch: ny

Item                  TOTAL Qty Sold This Month   

ITEM1                      5
ITEM2                      7
ITEM3                      15

Refer to the existing reports in the wiki and see what you want to modify or mockup a screenshot. Check out the ERDs for the fields you need in your report.