Topic: Opening Year - 2017

Upon setting up a new company, one is defaulted to 2017.  This should be updated to at least 2021.  Can I get an Amen?  Thank you.

Re: Opening Year - 2017

Check the defaults for fiscal years in the CoA used for creating the new company. If no data is entered, then change the fiscal years in the database directly.

I'm going to try that right now. Thanks.

4 (edited by MacKenzie 02/01/2023 12:02:24 am)

This is what I'm seeing for setting up a new company.  I basically do not want to start at 2017 or 2018 or 2019, etc.  But it defaults to earlier years.  Where can I tell it I want a 2023 fiscal year??

Please see this screenshot. 

https://imgflip.com/i/797l9v

I found this.  SOLVED!

what did you find and how you solved it?

7 (edited by MacKenzie 02/13/2023 06:56:20 pm)

I think I was referring to something else. 

My new company installations still default to 2017/2018.  This is a brand new company setup (today 02132023), and clearly it doesn't really likes 2017/18.  Must have been a great year!  ;-)  - - Not sure it matter but I got this after selecting 5-digit coa.

rafat wrote:

what did you find and how you solved it?

Post's attachments

defaultFY_setup021223.png 24.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

yes, looks like it takes some massaging, adding years, changing the active year, deleting unused years, to get were the year is fiscal and active with the year after 2017

seems to be an annoyance but still works

I think @joe was very clear with this and I quote him:

joe wrote:

Hello Sir,

I guess you are referring to an external COA. In the FA core there are 2 COAs, en_US_demo.sql and en_US_new.sql. These 2 COAs only contains two fiscal years, Currently these are 2020 and 2021.

In the next minor release these will be updated to 2021 and 2022.

All the COAs in the Extension repository are maintained by various users and some are probably not updated.

Joe

FYI, itronics has updated the Fiscal Years in the Repo COAs (not included in core). He has found a smart way to automatically always use the current year and previous year for Fiscal Years.

Joe

It's not a problem.  Once I create a new company, and then run a mysql script that updates gl_classes, gl_coa, quick_entries, fiscal years and other things.  Take less than 5 seconds.  ;-)

rafat wrote:

I think @joe was very clear with this and I quote him:

joe wrote:

Hello Sir,

I guess you are referring to an external COA. In the FA core there are 2 COAs, en_US_demo.sql and en_US_new.sql. These 2 COAs only contains two fiscal years, Currently these are 2020 and 2021.

In the next minor release these will be updated to 2021 and 2022.

All the COAs in the Extension repository are maintained by various users and some are probably not updated.

Joe