Topic: Very nice ... but one express question

As a new user, i find that FA is extremely well designed, excellent performance and nice user interfase
But Have one question as i don't explore the whole of this creature :
My business is composed of two branches :

1- Fast food small restaurant : we sell sandwiches and drinks, and accept cash, credit cards, chq ...
every day, we should note (few supplies bills, sales amount in €, ...)

2- small call center : we are 2 persons to work for few doctors : our job is receiving their office calls and register their appointments on a shared calendars. This work is invoiced each end of month as a service in  €.

each month, we need to get Sales / Expenses reports for both branches

my forum friend, is this can be well done with FA ??.

Re: Very nice ... but one express question

If these entities are not legal entities themselves, you can set them up as dimensions (cost centres or departments).

This way you can get result sheet for both.
You could also set up a bank account for both entities.

This would make it easy to follow the results.

Joe

Treat the outlets records of dimension 1.
Make separate user accounts for the restaurant manager and the call center manager.

Alternatively, just don't use dimensions but use tags for the call center only and use quick entries for it at the end of each month. the restaurant can be on the regular accounts.

Very nice and fast replies. Thank you

do you have any idea about how to enter restaurant income as its composed of cash + credit card + chq each day ?.

Also, i do not well understand the reply above talking registering two different manager ?

regards

You will need a Restaurant POS with touch screen facility and multiple payment application modes in one screen. FA's POS can be used for simple low volume restaurants where each payment needs to be applied separately.

Contact @elax for his commercial FA connectors to popular POS frontends.

A popular POS is OpenSourcePOS.

7 (edited by kdaffef 01/15/2015 06:32:30 pm)

Thank you for this proposal but for the moment, we need just to  enter our amounts  in FA.
How to do that as simple as possible?

8 (edited by apmuthu 01/16/2015 08:14:37 am)

Direct Invoice to "Cash Customer" - All service items - no inventory.

9 (edited by kdaffef 01/16/2015 08:49:26 am)

I fact, my two activities are very simple and small ones (they are in the same legal entity).

My needs are for this stage are to be able to track Debts and Credits for both activities (no stocks, no inventory, no productions, no workers, ...).

For the restaurant : i  want to enter my few bills, my turnover (cash, Cheques, Credit Card) each day.

For call center : by the end of the month, need to my make invoices (services articles so no stock) to few clients, and register few bills (internet, communications, ...)

Could this be done by creating two imputation points to which we link debts and credits.
Want to have the suitable schema to begin this project, have you others advices  ?

Need also enter my last year transactions for both activities, and when done, begin this current year : how to make that ?

Thank you and want to contribute to your fantastic project.

Regards

Make many Restaurant Service Items.
Make just 1 or 2 Service Items for the Call Center.
Do not track Inventory.
Just have 1 Cash Customer.
1 Credit Card Customer for each Credit Card Type.

That's Ok, thank you
Is there any way to deactivate delivery system (in invoices fro example) , because we do not use it at all ?

Use Sales => Direct Invoice

Ok That's working smoothly,

One other question : when we invoice services, there is no delevery in reality, how to deactivate auto delivery documents as we do not need and use them ??.

- and during services invoice creation, how to disable delivery adress question ??.

Thank you

Regards

Is that needed even for Sales => Direct Delivery?

15 (edited by kdaffef 01/17/2015 01:31:39 pm)

thank for your reply, we invoice call center services by the end of each month (recurring invoices ?) and sell some food in restaurant : we do not deliver anything, we can can disable delivery pane ?

16 (edited by apmuthu 01/18/2015 05:39:07 am)

Delivery is part of the Sales (orders) tab. The Access Roles permissions page for Sales tab functions has only the following feature roles:

Sales configuration:    
Sales types    
Sales prices edition    
Sales staff maintenance    
Sales areas maintenance    
Sales groups changes    
Sales templates    
Recurrent invoices definitions

All Direct Sales Delivery have the Sales Orders and Invoicing done automatically in the background and hence choosing to disable them (other than in the menu items) would lead to unknown configuration state. Just do not use them then.

If in the file, applications/customers.php, you comment out lines 19 and 20 you will find the Sales Quotation Menu link missing in the Sales tab in FA.

Post's attachments

Menu_Link_Removal.png 31.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

OK apmuthu, thank you for this explanation.

We will not change anything to avoid unknown errors then. But, it will be good feature to choose this option (Delivery or not for items).

Last express question, succeeded to not display delivery address in invoices, but how to limit the main invoicing items to 10 lines for example (have just only few invoice items). Then, will have bigger place to display our services end payment conditions.

Thank you again so much for help,

Regards

18 (edited by apmuthu 01/19/2015 02:32:46 pm)

Generally in any ERP (as opposed to normal accounting software), a certain workflow is standard - delivery and invoicing are separate functions and need to be done by different entities (roles - same person can don several roles).

The Direct Delivery has been made available for such simple situations as yours and to simulate functionality of normal accounting software for new users to gain traction quickly in familiar operations. In actuality, the Invoicing and all GL entries are made as if a Sales Order was generated and then Invoiced and then Delivered in the Direct Invoice! In the case of Direct Delivery only the Sales Order and Delivery are bunched together.

Limiting invoicing items to 10 or any other hardcoded number is not advisable for the form elements as paging is done on printing only and it is best left to the user's choice depending on how much text is desired to be input for printing at the end of the items. If however your terms and conditions is a fixed text display, you may want to place it in small font and possibly in the invoice footer.

yes, great advice,

ok to insert terms and conditions in a fixed small font : how to ?

20 (edited by apmuthu 01/19/2015 02:31:02 pm)

Lookup the reference code at lines 191 to 212 in reporting/includes/header2.inc:

// Footer
        $this->Font('italic');
        $this->row = $iline7 - $this->lineHeight - 6;

foreach ($Footer as $line => $txt)
        {
            if (!is_numeric($line))    // title => link
            {
                $this->fontSize -= 2;
                $this->TextWrap($ccol, $this->row, $right - $ccol, $line, 'C');
                $this->row -= $this->lineHeight;
                $this->SetTextColor(0, 0, 255);
                $this->TextWrap($ccol, $this->row, $right - $ccol, $txt, 'C');
                $this->SetTextColor(0, 0, 0);
                $this->addLink($txt, $ccol, $this->row, $this->pageWidth - $this->rightMargin, $this->row + $this->lineHeight);
                $this->fontSize += 2;
            }
            else
                $this->TextWrap($ccol, $this->row, $right - $ccol, $txt, 'C');
            $this->row -= $this->lineHeight;

}

For a specific company you can place an override in the company/#/reporting/reporting/includes/header2.inc file for which you may use the original reporting/includes/header2.inc as a template to start with.

Actually, according to the wiki, the Direct Invoice is the one that combines Sales Order, Delivery and Invoicing into one step. Direct Delivery just bunches the Sales Order and Delivery together.

Hi!!! Is there a place where we can edit the Direct Delivery and add fields such as Driver, Helper and Delivery Truck plate number???

Yes, You can do that in the Comments Field of the Direct Delivery Screen.