Topic: PO and Shipping and Handling

OK, I'm confused. I've read several posts about S&H, but I still can't figure it out.

In Accountings Receivable, I can enter a value for S&H, which is fine. But I can't see how to do this in Accounts Payable. If I order parts online from a web store like newegg or tigerdirect, there are different S&H with each order. How do I enter this? Is it supposed to be another line item, or do I go somewhere and enter it in a separate location?

Thanks again for a fantastic program.

Re: PO and Shipping and Handling

If you do not want to distribute the S&H in the line items when entering them you can do that when entering the Supplier Invoice under GL Items.

/Joe

Joe,
I have been doing that as well, but there is still the problem that you cannot enter it in the quotation you receive from the supplier. Process should be:
- request quotation to supplier for some goods
- supplier provides quotation listing goods as requested and add freight or shipping and handling fees
- use data provided in quotation (including S&H) to produce PO
- use PO to produce delivery note and supplier invoice
- pay supplier invoice

I think we should be able to add S&H to the quote we receive from them or at least into the PO

If you need these items already during PO entry, please consider making them as service items. If these items varies in price, just set the price to 0 and enter the correct price when entering.

/Joe