Topic: Customer Venues instead of Customer Branches

I am setting up a business that delivers customer-ordered items for functions (weddings, parties, etc.) to different venues. Instead of having branches, I want to have venues. Is it possible to change the HTML in the php files so that, for example, Branch Name and Branch Short Name become Venue Name and Venue Short Name? Will this cause problems with the GL accounts?

Re: Customer Venues instead of Customer Branches

These changes will be overwritten everytime you get a new release of FA. Can't you just imagine that the Branches are Venues in your case. Maybe let the word Venue be part of the branch name or something.

/Joe

I am actually setting up the business for someone else so I want to make it as easy as possible for them to use.

I don't mind changing the files for every release. I have already done so for 2.3.6 and it wasn't many files. It is working quite well.

The only problem I have is when the documents are printed to PDF. In the "Charge To:" area the Name and Address is that of the Customer Branch. I would like it instead to be the Name and Address in the General settings. How do I go about changing this?

If you fill out the Billing Address on the Branch it will be printed in the Charge To area. If you leave this address empty it will use the address of the Customer.

/Joe

I removed the Billing Address from the Branch but when I view the PDF, the "Charge To:" area still has the Branch Name but not the Address.

I'd actually prefer changing the PHP code. Please could you show me what to change.

Hello, you will have to change this in the /reporting/includes/header2.inc. This file contains routines for printing the layout of the documents.

/Joe

I took a look at header2.inc which led me to doctext.inc. It had the following two lines:

'name' => @$this->formData['br_name'] ? $this->formData['br_name'] : @$this->formData['DebtorName'],

'address' => @$this->formData['br_address'] ? $this->formData['br_address'] : @$this->formData['address']

I changed 'br_name' to 'name' and it used the Name in General settings. However, changing 'br_address' to 'address' didn't have the same effect. The address was blank. What do I put in place of 'br_address' to use the address in General settings?

We do not have the resources to help you further with your changes. You will have to laborate for yourself.

/Joe

Surely there must be someone I can contact to help me?

What I've decided to do is copy the Billing Address from the General settings to the Billing Address in the Customer Branch as well as other details like the Contact Persion and Phone Number. A bit tedious but it is the only way around the issue for now.

I've also found that if the Delivery Address in the Customer Branch is left blank, the Address in the General settings is used.