Topic: GL Accounts Code

Dear Admin,

Issue# Can we change General Ledger Accounts Code for example :  1060 checking Account
Petty Cash 1065 and so on... how can i change ? what will be the affect?

Re: GL Accounts Code

If there are no transactions and if there are no links to an account it is ok to delete an account. But you can inactivate an account. Then create another one with the correct code.

/Joe

Hi Administrator

I accidentally created a wrong GL account which suppose to in the group of sales, instead it is now in Capital Asset.
The system seem don't allow us the remove or make changes of it.

Is there anyway that I can correct this?
Thank You!

Patrick Ng

You should be able to change the Account Group at any time inside GL Accounts form.

/Joe

I need to change my chart of account to fall inline with new Australian tax reporting for  non for profit organisations. Can i transfer all transactions to a new GL account and delete the old one.

Regards

Dave

You should consult a local accountant regarding this.

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for the quick response. I have just setup a new instance of FA with the Australian COA but need to change them to fall inline with https://wiki.qut.edu.au/download/attachments/121092342/NSCOA_May+2011+draft.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1309239605000

Because FA includes seed data which i am unable to delete i would like to  move the seed transactions to my new GL account so i can then delete the legacy GL accounts that were setup with the new instance.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards

Dave.

I guess Pete from Australia has made a script for doing this. Make a search script and see if you can find it.

Joe