Topic: Ideal Inventory Management For Electronic Products Manufacturing

Dear Admin
I will want to share some of my real life manufacturing experience, It may help you to improve application and it's usefulness.
Ideal Inventory Management For Electronic Products Manufacturing Industry
There must be following types of items

1. Basic raw material component – are used to make sub assemblies, assemblies and finished products, these items are not having BOM (Bill of material)
   2. Sub assemblies – are manufactured items having BOM,
   3. Assemblies – are manufactured items having BOM,
   4. Finished goods – Items ready to sale having BOM
   5. Kits – are having BOM. Purpose of this types of item is to make entry fast.during issue and receipt.

Issuing of Component for Production
There are different types of situations for issuing and receipt of material
Issue of material

1. Kit Issue of component for making PCB
   2. Kit issue for making assemblies
   3. Kit issue for making complete products
   4. issue of consumeable items like solder wire, wire, cables, sleeves, fastners etc
   5. issue of other materials
   6. issue of tools, test equipments etc
   7. issue of returnable material
   8. issue of component for servicing
   9. issue of material for job work
  10. issue of returnable material for outside factory

Receipt of material

1. Recipt of assembled PCB against issue s.no.1
   2. Recipt of assemblies against issue s.no.2
   3. Receipt of finished goods from production floor against issue s.no.3
   4. Receipt of tools, test equipments against issue s.no.6
   5. Recipt of returnable material against issue s.no.7
   6. Recipt of material for job work against issue s.no.9 (after conversion)
   7. Recipt of returnable material from outside factory against issue s.no.10

Manufacturing Process
First step is creating work order for manufacturing product with target date of finishing work order
Second step is to material requirement planing, during this step one should know the total material requirement as per BOM x qty produced
There must be provision to reserve required qty for that job and shortage is calculated on the basis of material available.
Now on the basis of shortage one can float inquiry to suppliers for material purchase.
After receiving offers from suppliers one can make comparative statements for making purchase decision
there must be provision for approval of rates from higher authority before issuing purchase order to supplier
after proper rates and qty approval only p.o could be issued
after receiving material in stock against p.o material status for particular job will updated.
There must be provision to issue of material only against particular work order.There must be provisin to issue some extra material against that particular work order for repairing/ replacement of defective parts. Hence it will keep track of inventory and it's costing on production floor.
I will hope you will find this discussion useful for future development.

Re: Ideal Inventory Management For Electronic Products Manufacturing

How can I get the user manual of Frontaccounting for effective usage. I have search for the user manual online but have not been able to find.
Does anyone have an idea of the manual?
I will be glad to have it.

Thanks.

popsicles12

Hello popsicles12,

You can ask the Administration through 'Contact Us' on this site. I know that they are working on it, but I'm not sure how far they are.

Joe

To All, we are currently working on a comprehensive "USER MANUAL", I have decided to make it a step-by step manual.  We are due to have the first few chapters (installation, set-up and general ledger release by the end of the month. We have been going thru some organization changes (hopefully for the best).

Thanks for your continuing patients!

Is such a manual now available? This is the only one so far.