Topic: Address for Customers

I know FA is currently designed for general and multinational use which is why the address aspect of the system is just one field, but it would be good to eventually have fields for Country, and Province/State (if applicable), and City. Reason is for reporting flexibilities in the future. Let's say I wanted to track sales by city, state, country for example.

Thanks

Re: Address for Customers

Hello,
I understand what you mean. The address fields is implemented for the purpose you just mentioned. The invoices looks better if formatted exactly what is common in a specific country.
What about using the area for this sorting? Or if you use specific lines for the city, country etc. it could possible be selected with advanced sql.

Joe

Re: Address for Customers

I think as a start country should would be a standard just a one field liner or a drop down to select from customizable by the user. For instance there would be a set up for countries in the set up section and I would add to it the countries I need. So that when I add/update customers / or suppliers i would choose a country from that list.

City and Provinces/State (if applicable), postal/zip/area code can be a little tricky since it varies from country to country.

Maybe if should be included anyways and if its blank it just wouldn't be included as part of the query or invoice.