1 (edited by t2webby 08/12/2008 05:13:05 am)

Topic: Supplier Credit Note Discount

Is there a way to include a credit note as part of a payment allocation? What i'm trying to do is to include the credit note as part of the discount on a payment.

For example: I owe 480 to the supplier but got a credit for 80 due to whatever. So I pay 400 and discount 80. I would then allocate the payment to invoices that make up the original 480 but I would also like to include a credit note for the 80 discounted on the payment. In the supplier payment view, right now is shows -80 left to allocate but it references to nothing since there is no way to allocate that discount. Is there a way around this some other way?

Ideally here is what i'm trying to accomplish:

Payment: 400, Discount 80

Supplier Invoice 1 amount 200
Supplier Invoice 2 amount 280
Supplier Credit Note amount 80

Total allocated: 480
Left to allocate : 0

Instead of Left to allocate -80

Thanks

Re: Supplier Credit Note Discount

The algorithm for doing the allocations is quite complex. You can always do the allocations by either credit notes or payments and several on a single invoice until 0 left to allocate.
It is, however, not possible to discount a credit note to get fully equal when allocating. It is the total amount of the credit note that can be used to that (in this case minus discount).
I guess you can even out the discount by first credit the full amount and then do some journal entries for adjustment. I can not come up to a better approach right now.

/Joe