Topic: Purchase order, step by step

Sorry for my lack of knowledge of bookkeeping.

FA can do way more, than my old program. I think, purchasing items goes like the following steps in FA:
1) Invoice from supplier. Filled in / Purchases / Supplier Invoice
2) Payment.
3) Receive items

I do not use the inventory system of FA. It's already in my webshop.

What must I do in FA in steps 2 & 3?

Re: Purchase order, step by step

Right order (or at least presumed in FA) for purchase transaction is: purchase order, delivery receive, supplier invoice and then supplier payment. Direct Invoice will save your time, allowing all this to be done in single step.
Janusz

3 (edited by RichardVinke 05/17/2011 05:17:00 am)

Wauw, Two answers.... ;-)

Your proposed order works! Thanks!

But sometimes I have to pay first, before I get he items.

So sometimes the order should be: purchase order, supplier invoice, supplier payment and then delivery receive.
The delivery receive is derived from the purchasing order. The supplier invoice is entered as new an the payment is derived from this invoice.

If I do it this way, the balans is different than after the proposed order.
EDIT: If I make manualy the invoice with a separate line for the tax, it is ok.

How can I follow my order in a correct way in FA?

In most jurisdictions this flow is just forbidden. Sales invoice cannot be issued before the real sales transaction is done (which in turn is registered as delivery).  This is why this flow is not implemented in FA. For prepayment purposes quotations or pro-forma invoices are used. There is no legal requirement for entry  those documents into GL though.
If you receive invoice first, you can make payment according to it, but the invoice should be registered after the goods are delivered and entered in FA. The prepayment can be later allocated to the invoice . So, in short words: the only contraint here is: delivery before invoice.
Janusz

OK Thanks!

I understand.

How can I allocate the pre-payment to the invoice?

Under Purchasing/ Allocate Supplier Payments or Credit Notes.
Janusz

Hi Janusz,

I saw this step, but in the dutch language.....

Thanks!
Problem is solved!