Topic: Roadmap

Is there a roadmap which shows things coming up next?
What will be the main new points in FA 2.4?
WIll Fa 2.4 be released in 2011?

barney

P.S.: By the way: Demo 2.3 doesn't work with demouser and password.

Re: Roadmap

You can look at the roadmap in Mantis, http://mantis.frontaccounting.com. The project is called FrontAccounting Next. It is not yet complete.
Fa 2.4 will be released when we are ready for that. It will last at least 3-6 months

Thanks for the info about Demo 2.3.

/Joe

There is no project called FrontAccounting Next at Mantis.
Hmm?!?!

barney

At the upper right you see a combo box for projects. Select FrontAccounting Next here, and you will get a list of items so far.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

yes, there is a project combo box, but in there is no project called 'Frontaccounting Next'.
Just FA 2.0, FA 2.1, FA 2.2 and FA 2.3 are members of the combo box.

Best Regards,
barney

Ah, maybe it is only for developers. Janusz would know. Hang on smile

/Joe

Hi Barney,
Sorry for misunderstanding, the mantis Next project is open for developer team only, and there are mainly internal technical discussions here. We have no official roadmap and, as Joe said, new release is made when we have enough new features ready for deployment. For now there is no deadline established for 2.4 release, but you can track development progress on FA Mercurial repo. New code for 2.4 release is placed in unstable branch. Currently there is not much more than transaction period closing and purchase invoice edition. Still too little to be released as 2.4

Hi Joe,
i see...
if - and only if - I will add some new features to fa: How doo i get into developer circle?

Best regards,
barney

Guys,

Just wondering if there was any thoughts about opening the mantis up (even if read-only) to members?

This might give some people a good indication of future changes as well as a good method of eliciting feedback on whether something is a good idea or not (ie similar to the way

Be patient. We will make it available soon, maybe next week.
Janusz

I am also thinking that it might be for developers only.....but not sure about that
smile