Topic: Purchasing Small Items

I might just be too stupid to figure this out. I've read several posts and I'm still confused.

What I want to do is enter minor purchases as line items. For example, if I purchased 5 things for my business from a local computer store such as:

30" Monitor
24" Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Laptop

I'd like to enter this information into the system line by line under one transaction. How do I do this? I've tried using Direct Invoices under the purchase menu, but I can't seem to edit the item descriptions (I made a misc component and misc service that has editable desc checked).

About the only thing I can find that works for simple purchases like this is a "Bank Account Payment Entry" under the "Banking and General Ledger" tab. Is this the proper way of doing this or should I be doing something different under the payments tab? I am not great at accounting but I can figure this great system pretty well. Some things just elude me.

I'm using version 2.3.3

Re: Purchasing Small Items

You can edit description of items in Direct Invoice (sales and purchasing). Just after the item line is added, edit it again and you can change the line item description.
Janusz

I must  be doing something wrong then. Because I can only update item descriptions in Sales, not in Purchases. Any ideas?

I'm using 2.3.3.

In Purchasing Pricing under Items and Inventory tab, you can enter the suppliers id and description for your items. This will then be printed on the Purchase Orders.

/Joe

5 (edited by chacekm 05/01/2011 11:53:43 pm)

Should I be able to edit the item description for an item in Purchases the same way I can in sales? That is where I am confused. I thought I remember that functionality working at some point. As it is, I can edit a description when making a sales invoice, but not a purchasing invoice.

Is that not possible? Is something just not working for me?

6 (edited by chacekm 05/02/2011 12:02:27 am)

Nevermind. I reread your first post and figured it out. I thought it would automagically switch to the edit text box like it does when you add an item in sales. But you have to go into edit after adding an item in purchasing invoices.

Thanks much.