Topic: Critical bug in FA 2.3.0-2.3.3.

There was critical bug found in FrontAccounting 2.3.x up to 2.3.3 relases which could result in data lost when company settings were changes via Setup| Create/Update Companies interface.The bug was fixed in FA 2.3.4 version which is already available on sourceforge.net. 

All FA 2.3x users are encouraged to upgrade instantly to Frontaccounting 2.3.4 or later available for download on Sourceforge.net and do NOT use Create/Update Companies screen before the upgrade.

2 (edited by jori 04/28/2011 07:30:17 am)

Re: Critical bug in FA 2.3.0-2.3.3.

Janusz, You mean there were possibility to upgrade database script and admin password via Setup| Create/Update Companies interface? I noticed this were removed in 2.3.4. I thought this was bug in 2.3.4, but as you say bug was the ability to change those settings in existing company in FA's previous versions, did I get it right?

Yes this was a bug. When you have running accounting application there is no way to change working COA as this is basement of the whole system. But before the fix it was possible, and resulted in complete database reset.
Janusz

One question please, when I test Georgian interface I entered fictional products, suppliers, customers and GRNs. When I want to clear the system it will not allow my to delete customers or items for example because there are transactions referring to it, how can I clear the system? I tried to remove GRN from setup tab but it didi not help.