Topic: Due date: force?

Hi fellas
Just wondering, can the due date be forced to be a certain date?
When I make a direct invoice, despite having a 'pay within 14 days' payment terms, and setting a historic date, it overrides to make the due date '14 days from now', not from the invoice issue date.
Is there a way to do this (I can't recall this happening in older versions?).

Re: Due date: force?

Hello Pete,
Long time no see. smile

If you change the invoice date to an older/future value the due date should follow. It is always based on the invoice date. You have tab away from the invoice date field to get any effect.

/Joe

Hi Joe
Still here.  Back in FA again, after using it non-stop of course!
I just sent you a version 2.33 updated Australian chart of accounts/Australian tax setup file.

I'll also send you a revised 'delete all transactions' script for 2.33 too. Strictly for the technical people, and useful for testing.

See you round here in the next few days...
Pete

4 (edited by p2409 04/26/2011 01:04:55 pm)

Might be doing something wrong here.
I tried manually setting it, tabbing out etc.
It still defaults to 14 days from now, not the invoice date on the Invoice report.

I'm using:
After No. of Days     14 days
as the payment term. Is this correct?

When I check the debtor_trans table, there are two entries:
A type 10 with the incorrect due date AND
A type 13 with the correct due data.
I figure the invoice report picks up the type 10 info.

I only need to do this for a few invoices - is it OK to simply SQL 0_debtor_trans 'due date' field, or does the due date get used elsewhere in the system?
Tks
Pete

Hello again. There is no join between the due_date field in debtor_trans and other tables. So it should be risk-free to do the SQL.

I will have another look into this subject you describe.

/Joe

You are right Pete. I have asked Janusz to fix this item.

/Joe

Hi Pete,
The bug was fixed, unfortunately already after today's release, so you have to wait for next minor version, or just download changed cart_class.inc file from FA hg repo.
Janusz