Topic: firefox display PDF files

Please excuse me if this has been posted before.  I've done some searching, but could not find what I'm looking for.

I just updated from 2.2.1 to 2.3.3.  However I didn't get a chance to test what I'm having a problem with before the upgrade. 

I'm running Linux using firefox 3.6.15.  The problem is when I create or view PDF files, it will work the first couple of times.  After that, the popup window is blank.  I can navigate to the directory where the PDF files are generated and view them via acrobat every time.  I've tried Seamonkey, another mozilla product with no problem.  I can view PDF files as many times as I want.  This would lead me to believe that it's a browser issue.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Re: firefox display PDF files

I personally use FF 3.5.16 without problems, but version 3.6 ay differ in this aspect.
Janusz

I seem to be having more issues with this version of firefox.  I'm getting errors on youtube as well.  This must be a firefox issue.  I'm seriously thinking of reverting back to a previous version of the browser.  Seamonkey has been continuously working well with both frontaccounting and youtube.  Not that I use youtube all that much, but it appears to be a decent benchmark.

mph in answer to your question: yes I have problems with Firefox too.

I think it might have something to do with your add-ons. I'm happy to just 'download' the file and click on it to see it, but if you really want to stay in Firefox, try removing any addons first to see if that fixes the problem.

Since I've started using SeaMonkey I've had no problems. I really didn't have too many addons in Firefox.  The major one I would expect would have been noscript, but that didn't seem to bother it too much.  Firefox 4 had the same problems even without addons.  However FF 4 did fix the youtube problems.

I guess I'll keep using SeaMonkey.  Now that I'm using it, it's no big deal anymore.  There's always something... wink

If you are using Firefox and using a Mac, the 'Firefox PDF Plugin' for Mac OSX works well.

I'm running it on a Linux box.  To be honest IMHO from version 3.6 on up, Firefox seem to be getting flakier.

SOLVED: "I Hope".

To make a short story long. wink  It was a memory problem.  There must be some specific address used when converting to PDF within Firefox.  I was starting to see some other weird problems, changed the memory and all is well with Firefox FrontAcounting and PDF.

I suppose stranger things have happened.