Topic: Unable to upgrade from 2.2.6 to 2.3.3

Hi folks,

I downloaded the frontaccount installation package, and un-zip and uploaded on to the server to replace all old files. Then I try to click the button

Re: Unable to upgrade from 2.2.6 to 2.3.3

Hi folks,

I downloaded the frontaccount installation package, and un-zip and uploaded on to the server to replace all old files. Then I try to click the button "Upgrade System" in Software Upgrade page. No matter I select the box "install" or "force upgrade", when I click the upgrade button, there is nothing to happen. I can see the loading bar loaded from 0 to middle, but never reach the end. And there is no error message display. I don't know what can I do.

I can't do company setup or some other function due to the message below:
"System is blocked after source upgrade until database is updated on System/Software Upgrade page"

So what I can do now? Please help!!!!

Best regards,
Kevin

Seems something went wrong during upgrade. You can restore databases from backup, turn go_debug=1 in config.php, and then run upgrade again - this should result in more debugging messages. Before that check server logs and eventually tmp/errors.log file, to see what was the problem during upgrade.

Thanks Itronics. Finally there is a error message displayed. No matter I try to restore the backup or upgrade, the same error message below displayed.

"Call to undefined function: stripos() in /home/avanc3/public_html/frontacc/admin/db/maintenance_db.inc on line 305"

So I go to this file and find out what's on line 305.
if (stripos($line, $cmd) === 0)

So what can I do to fix it? Please advise me. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Kevin

Seems we have introduced this problem with latest minor release. Please comment the line out and restore the line above it (the one commented). Or just upgrade your instalation to php5.
Thanks for pointing this out.
Janusz

Janusz, thanks for your information. It's really helpful. After I upgrade the PHP to php5, problem solved. Thanks.