Topic: tax group not calculating correctly

I am using FA 2.3.3 and trying to use a tax group to calculate taxes on sales. I have to calculate 1% for local taxes and 1.5% for state taxes. I have a tax group called 'food sales tax' and in it is the local tax of 1% and the state tax of 1.5%. Each of the tax accounts are connected to its own current liability gl. When I enter a sales delivery or invoice with an item that has a price after tax of 102.50 and the item's tax type is regular being sold to a customer using the tax group 'food sales tax' it comes up with both the local & state taxes of 1 & 1.5% but each tax type has $2.5 and when looking at each current liability both have been credited 2.5 instead of 1 & 1.5....  Shouldn't they total out to $2.5 and not $5?

Thanks

Re: tax group not calculating correctly

Yes, it should. I can not reproduce this. Which release are you running?

/Joe

I'm running Version 2.3.3 Build 02.04.2011. I've just started using FA and am working with the settings and entering data to see how the program works and don't have any actual information in it and so could send you a mysqldump of the database if that would help.

Niels

Yes please. You can see the contribution email at the website, Contact Us.

/Joe

I sent in the mysqldump last week - just wanted to see if anyone had gotten it...

Joe is out off office till weekend, so be patient please.